• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Zack, about your shocks...

cougar9150

Apr 4, 2011
My new QA1 coils just showed up last Friday... I'll be swapping in the new shocks and coils in a week or so.

Cool, figured I would offer. Once they come off their not going back on. If you are interested in another set they are yours for $30+shipping. That's what I paid to powder coat them blue and is the only reason I wouldn't just give them away.

If I used QA1 springs again I'd probably go 50-100lbs higher with a spring spacer since the GBF springs are limited to 10" in height.

The 450s weren't bad just sagged and bounced a little more than I liked. I like my DD suspension tighter than most people would find comfortable and wanted the adjustable shock more than the ability to lower it. Overall I only wanted to drop it 1/2-3/4" but am at maximum height on the springs but am lowered over an inch as I sit now.

cougar9150

Apr 4, 2011
Has anyone EVER had luck with Naake Suspension?

This is why I never even considered them.

Stock FTW.

Really seems about 50/50 with reviews I've seen. I just think those of us who have had issues squawk louder than the ones who don't. Dennis loves his on Fruitpunch and others have said they like them.

I bought my set used but rebuilt and wonder if this is why I have issues with the springs or if it's just my personal taste. If it wasn't for my height limitations and one spring sagging I would enjoy them alot despite not being as tight/stiff as I would like.

Having to make my own lower mounts that didn't require stacks of washers is another story but it's what you have to do on a car without alot of aftermarket support.

Ideally for me I would like 12" long 500 lb springs but don't want to spend the money on a custom set so I made Fordnut's mounts for the stock springs.

I'm sure whipping through corners like I'm driving a 4400lb miata doesn't help.

ProRauder

Regular
Jan 9, 2010
Update: I got the rear shocks installed before my trip out to South Haven MI over the weekend. I only got the rears on, but it sure rode nice! I could tell the fronts were still a tad stiff, but for the most part it was the rears that make the marauder ride rough. John Kuhn's stereo shop finished the install of the Pioneer in-dash and I got to ride in his brutal 64 Thunderbolt Clone. WOW!

I had to call marty in Atlanta while the motor was at full rev..

BuhWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Now to find a 64 Fairlane wagon.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info