• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First post!

ProRauder

Regular
Jan 9, 2010
That time was over a year ago on shitty M/T S/R Street radials and a crappy back-half job. The motor is the same as then but I've made some serious upgrades over the last year.

Now the motor looks like:

5021965880_e102e34303_z.jpg

and the whole underneath from the front seats back is new.

I truly expect it to run low 10's. Now if I can just get it back to the track.

ProRauder

Regular
Jan 9, 2010
I'll be honest, I love the candy blue paint on it, but anyone that knows anything about candy is that you can't just touch up a spot, a corner, a ding etc. The whole car has to be painted to fix anything.

Well, there are a couple areas that need touched up on both bumper covers and the back fender in St.Louis where some fucker keyed it during MVII. So, I'm going to repaint it with a base/clear that can be touched up if needed. I want to try to leave a pinstripe of the candy blue in there somewhere to remind me of the fun I've had while blue.

As for the shade of black, I agree, it is not going to be boring black. It will definitely have some flake in it and it may be a dark gun metal black/blue color. Working at Wheelers auto body with the paint banks lets me mix a custom color that will be called "ProRauder Black" and stored in the Sherwin system. We even have a spray booth here in the office so I can test out colors on scrap fenders to see what will look good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info