Forum Register Members Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > Knives, Guns & Ammo

User Tag List

Like Tree132Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-28-2018, 09:46 PM   #51
Go ahead. I'll catch up.
 
Flyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Posts: 43,700
Casino cash: $208419900
7.95 per day
Default

This is a political battle. Politicians will get their voter aimed proposals released in Congress/to media. Both sides will argue, argue, argue. Eventually, the furor of the shooting will die down and most of the bills, if not all, will die.

Congress may pass a bill that has a few minor protective measures or one side may triumph and push through bigger changes. IMO, based on how Congress operates, it will be the former. They postured, voted and did something. Next election is influenced. Win for them.
Flyn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:47 AM   #52
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 35,126
Casino cash: $106654300
6.90 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADAZZTEALCOBRA View Post
Bill to ban bump stocks passed.
Bill to raise age to buy long guns to 21 passed.
Bill to require Illinois dealer licensing passed.
Bill to require 72 hour wait for long guns passed.
None of which will reduce the shootings that occur every approx. 4 hours within Chicago city limits, let alone prevent mass shootings.

MSM and Law Makers do not let a good crisis go to waste
__________________
Dave
17 Mustang GT
17 Pilot AWD
15 Elantra
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:45 AM   #53
You never had it so good!
 
Stink Star Productions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Big wood cock
Posts: 11,925
Casino cash: $42376704
2.93 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti28 View Post
100 round drum is a bit much! We should really knock it down to 30.
Says who? Ever hear of a New York reload? Thatís why mag cap restrictions donít work
__________________
my name is Boosh.

2014 Cadillac ELR, the $80k volt
2017 Civic Sport Tour
2015 Chevy Volt:SOLD: lifetime 255mpg
Stink Star Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:46 AM   #54
You never had it so good!
 
Stink Star Productions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Big wood cock
Posts: 11,925
Casino cash: $42376704
2.93 per day
Default

Also I don’t see how they can ban bump stocks..... how is it possible to write that law as to where it could stand up in court and not make your finger illegal
Stink Star Productions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:01 AM   #55
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,559
Casino cash: $37611698
4.65 per day
Default

Id love to know how many of these shooters thought to themselves:

"Well, I was planning on shooting up the school down the street, but now that I would have to carry (30) 10 round magazines and not (10) 30 round ones, it's just not worth it..."
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:10 AM   #56
eat my flesh
 
DEEZUZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: NWI
Posts: 40,355
Casino cash: $70852001
10.70 per day
Default

POS Johnson literally just said 'clips'... Un real
Ryan02Stang likes this.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.bu View Post
I had a girl like that once. Everytime I put my hand down her pants, it felt like feeding oats to a horse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
THIS IS TCG, DOES IT LOOK LIKE WE CARE WHAT IT COSTS!??!?!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood on Blood View Post
Definitely colder outside than the venom that pumps through my wife's veins.


DEEZUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:14 AM   #57
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,559
Casino cash: $37611698
4.65 per day
Default



It kills me that people like this have zero chance of winning election.
RICH17 likes this.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 07:56 AM   #58
Washington knows best
 
Lead Pipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,641
Casino cash: $43953799
4.14 per day
Default

If you don't think there is an "agenda" behind all of there shootings then you're extremely naive. These bills keep being presented faster and in higher numbers after every shooting.
Mr_Roboto and Ryan02Stang like this.
__________________
DSR
R.I.P. Ramon
Lead Pipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 08:08 AM   #59
Forum Sponsor
 
importcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 11,773
Casino cash: $41593594
2.89 per day
Default

I actually looked at the bill about the IL dealer licensing...... It has passed both houses.
Eagle likes this.
__________________
AUTHORIZED DEALER FOR MANY MANUFACTURES INCLUDING:


Aero Precision
Fortis Manufacturing
Phase 5
2A Armaments
Many Many More



FB PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/L.B.ChicagoRetail/
importcrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #60
Doing the jobs nobody wants to
 
Mr_Roboto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Joliet
Posts: 10,569
Casino cash: $11886000
4.07 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by importcrew View Post
I actually looked at the bill about the IL dealer licensing...... It has passed both houses.
Fuck. If Rauner passes that shit he's dead to me. We can't trust our gun rights to big box stores.
Mr_Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #61
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,559
Casino cash: $37611698
4.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by importcrew View Post
I actually looked at the bill about the IL dealer licensing...... It has passed both houses.
Its going to the Governor next... The question is will he sign it? I'm betting he will because it's an election year and he has to look like he's doing something.

When they were debating it one lady was talking about she needs a license to cut or braid hair, then someone who sells guns needs one too.

I hope all gun owners now push for the lady who cuts and braids hair to need a federal license to do so as well.

They made it sound like gun shops weren't licensed businesses.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #62
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,559
Casino cash: $37611698
4.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Roboto View Post
Fuck. If Rauner passes that shit he's dead to me. We can't trust our gun rights to big box stores.
You mean like Dicks and WalMart who just made up their own rules for gun purchases?
Chester Copperpot likes this.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:33 AM   #63
 
jason05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Garfield Park
Posts: 12,664
Casino cash: $45401040
2.85 per day
Default HB1469 - BANS High cap mags and body armor

Quote:
Originally Posted by importcrew View Post
I actually looked at the bill about the IL dealer licensing...... It has passed both houses.


Not sure why the licensing is a big deal to be honest. Everyone here probably shops at a business that's licensed by the State. That "bill" seems pretty reasonable to me in that the licensing fee is $200 a year, training, and security camera ($1000 over 5 years). Financially, that's not a significant burden on a small business. The portion that seems a bit odd is that they exempt larger retailers , this should be universal across all businesses.
jason05gt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 09:35 AM   #64
Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
 
RICH17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The 007
Posts: 25,512
Casino cash: $110228144
6.76 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Roboto View Post
Fuck. If Rauner passes that shit he's dead to me. We can't trust our gun rights to big box stores.
He's been dead to his party for a while. And dead to me.


Ives is looking better and better
RICH17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 10:12 AM   #65
Doing the jobs nobody wants to
 
Mr_Roboto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Joliet
Posts: 10,569
Casino cash: $11886000
4.07 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
Not sure why the licensing is a big deal to be honest. Everyone here probably shops at a business that's licensed by the State. That "bill" seems pretty reasonable to me in that the licensing fee is $200 a year, training, and security camera ($1000 over 5 years). Financially, that's not a significant burden on a small business. The portion that seems a bit odd is that they exempt larger retailers , this should be universal across all businesses.
The original bill had retention of infinity if I remember right for video taping. That's $$$$. They aren't going to prosecute anyone using that tape anyways, lets just be honest here.
Mr_Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:13 AM   #66
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 62,446
Casino cash: $169397200
15.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
Not sure why the licensing is a big deal to be honest. Everyone here probably shops at a business that's licensed by the State. That "bill" seems pretty reasonable to me in that the licensing fee is $200 a year, training, and security camera ($1000 over 5 years). Financially, that's not a significant burden on a small business. The portion that seems a bit odd is that they exempt larger retailers , this should be universal across all businesses.
It is a HUGE deal. Currently, dealers are licensed FEDERALLY by the ATF. Sure, IL is aware, but they have no additional process or costs associated with being a reseller.

This "licensing" is a big deal because it outlaws being able to sell more than 10 firearms per year privately, it requires dealers to certify twice annually that they can pass whatever tests "the board" creates, creates fees of undisclosed amounts payable to the board to maintain their license - just to name a few.

Furthermore, the ILSP came out against this bill because there is no money or staff to manage the process for the State. So who is going to enforce its requirements? Or are we going further into deficit to hack something together?

Finally - HOW does this help keep people safe? Reads like a money grab to me.
__________________
2019 RAM 1500 Limited 4x4 CCLB
2008 BMW 535i - MHD tuned
2004 BMW 330xi - kids cruiser
2004 VW New Beetle 2.0
2018 KTM 500 EXC-F
2018 Skidoo Renegade Backcountry X 850
2015 Polaris Indy SP 800
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:14 AM   #67
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,559
Casino cash: $37611698
4.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason05gt View Post
Not sure why the licensing is a big deal to be honest. Everyone here probably shops at a business that's licensed by the State. That "bill" seems pretty reasonable to me in that the licensing fee is $200 a year, training, and security camera ($1000 over 5 years). Financially, that's not a significant burden on a small business. The portion that seems a bit odd is that they exempt larger retailers , this should be universal across all businesses.
And gun shops are already licensed federally. The places that are licensed by the state aren't likely required to also be federally licensed which is what this bill does to gun shops.

Is the dollar amount astronomical? No. It still places a burden on small shops though.

Also like that there's another department created in the government just to enforce this new law if it's signed in.



As for President Trumps comment, at least one politician still gets it.
Yaj Yak, Fish, Eagle and 2 others like this.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 11:17 AM   #68
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 62,446
Casino cash: $169397200
15.48 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Roboto View Post
Fuck. If Rauner passes that shit he's dead to me. We can't trust our gun rights to big box stores.
OH DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT! All the big box stores are exempt from the rule of the license requirement! Wouldn't want to risk their tax dollars now, would we?
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 12:09 PM   #69
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,559
Casino cash: $37611698
4.65 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
It is a HUGE deal. Currently, dealers are licensed FEDERALLY by the ATF. Sure, IL is aware, but they have no additional process or costs associated with being a reseller.

This "licensing" is a big deal because it outlaws being able to sell more than 10 firearms per year privately, it requires dealers to certify twice annually that they can pass whatever tests "the board" creates, creates fees of undisclosed amounts payable to the board to maintain their license - just to name a few.

Furthermore, the ILSP came out against this bill because there is no money or staff to manage the process for the State. So who is going to enforce its requirements? Or are we going further into deficit to hack something together?

Finally - HOW does this help keep people safe? Reads like a money grab to me.
There are so many times on here I wish I could give posts more than one like.
Yaj Yak likes this.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 01:04 PM   #70
Forum Sponsor
 
importcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 11,773
Casino cash: $41593594
2.89 per day
Default

Also, commenting about the IL dealer license. You think a small business like mine would think it's feasable? If it's only $200 for the license, then sure, it's still attainable. But that just further puts a burden on me. My business isn't a full time job, yet I will spend countless hours making sure I find my clients at the best deal I can. On top of the license, what are the requirements of running said business that wasn't mentioned or can just "magically" pop up because the new "board" makes up the rules? With a FFL, I have to make sure my place of business (whether it be at home or a store front) is zoned properly. I have to make sure I have the necessary permits from the Village.

Will IL require a certain type or amount in Liability Insurance? Additionally, if this bill gets signed, when does it take affect? If immediately, does that mean a start up business or a business wishing to obtain his/her FFL has to wait on IL now to first create a board, establish a set of rules, enact those rules, and how will the oversight be? How long will the process take? These are all burdens that will have an effect on me.

I actually am waiting to find out the outcome before proceeding with my FFL application. Can I still sell rifles and lowers? Yes, but only through manufacturer to FFL transfers. That lady who has to have a license to cut hair. Let me see her get her fingerprints taken, go through a thorough federal background check, get the proper zoning for her place of business, send multiple copies of fingerprints and paperwork to several places, and the list goes on.

If IL passes this dealer bill, and requires a fee, certification, and whatever other requirements, it's hard for me as a small business owner to do so with limited time. I work full time during the construction season. My only time off is during the winter. I would have to find time to to cram whatever requirements I can during that time and be on the mercy of the state and their time (for however long it'll take to complete said tasks). I'll have to re-certify again sometime in the first and second half the year and I'm sure they'll have set dates that it must be completed by. How much will all that cost besides my own time?

I hope it doesn't get signed into law because then, it would restrict my business from growing in the future. At least if I had a FFL, I can do transfers for people, and possibly give a further discount to my prices, or at least gain more clients based off the fact that they don't need to find a FFL to have their items shipped to and pay a transfer fee from them.
Fish and BADAZZTEALCOBRA like this.
importcrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #71
Doing the jobs nobody wants to
 
Mr_Roboto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Joliet
Posts: 10,569
Casino cash: $11886000
4.07 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by importcrew View Post
Also, commenting about the IL dealer license. You think a small business like mine would think it's feasable? If it's only $200 for the license, then sure, it's still attainable. But that just further puts a burden on me. My business isn't a full time job, yet I will spend countless hours making sure I find my clients at the best deal I can. On top of the license, what are the requirements of running said business that wasn't mentioned or can just "magically" pop up because the new "board" makes up the rules? With a FFL, I have to make sure my place of business (whether it be at home or a store front) is zoned properly. I have to make sure I have the necessary permits from the Village.

Will IL require a certain type or amount in Liability Insurance? Additionally, if this bill gets signed, when does it take affect? If immediately, does that mean a start up business or a business wishing to obtain his/her FFL has to wait on IL now to first create a board, establish a set of rules, enact those rules, and how will the oversight be? How long will the process take? These are all burdens that will have an effect on me.

I actually am waiting to find out the outcome before proceeding with my FFL application. Can I still sell rifles and lowers? Yes, but only through manufacturer to FFL transfers. That lady who has to have a license to cut hair. Let me see her get her fingerprints taken, go through a thorough federal background check, get the proper zoning for her place of business, send multiple copies of fingerprints and paperwork to several places, and the list goes on.

If IL passes this dealer bill, and requires a fee, certification, and whatever other requirements, it's hard for me as a small business owner to do so with limited time. I work full time during the construction season. My only time off is during the winter. I would have to find time to to cram whatever requirements I can during that time and be on the mercy of the state and their time (for however long it'll take to complete said tasks). I'll have to re-certify again sometime in the first and second half the year and I'm sure they'll have set dates that it must be completed by. How much will all that cost besides my own time?

I hope it doesn't get signed into law because then, it would restrict my business from growing in the future. At least if I had a FFL, I can do transfers for people, and possibly give a further discount to my prices, or at least gain more clients based off the fact that they don't need to find a FFL to have their items shipped to and pay a transfer fee from them.
This law is designed to take people like you out of the equation; A lot of gov agencies have been wanting to kill kitchen table FFLs. Obama's DOJ was really bad about that.
importcrew likes this.
Mr_Roboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:49 PM   #72
Nemo me impune lacessit
 
Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Woodsticks, IL
Posts: 62,446
Casino cash: $169397200
15.48 per day
Default

Don't forget requirement to video any/all inventory as well as sales!
importcrew likes this.
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 05:57 PM   #73
Forum Sponsor
 
importcrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hampshire
Posts: 11,773
Casino cash: $41593594
2.89 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Roboto View Post
This law is designed to take people like you out of the equation; A lot of gov agencies have been wanting to kill kitchen table FFLs. Obama's DOJ was really bad about that.
Exactly. That is why I'm postponing my FFL application. I want to see how this goes. I do have to say though, business has gone up dramatically (as usually does around these types of events).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
Don't forget requirement to video any/all inventory as well as sales!
Exactly. I have a few cameras, but with what they want, I'd have to upgrade cameras and make sure any recording meets their standard. Plus their standard can change at any moment. Not even the ATF cares if you record your premises or not. As long as you can lock up your inventory one way or another, (firearms/receivers/ect), the ATF doesn't care. So basically as long as you can lock your doors, you're good to go.

IL wants to record everything. They want to be intrusive, and most importantly, they want more money for them.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA likes this.
importcrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #74
Cupcake
 
Ti28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bartlett
Posts: 9,391
Casino cash: $470519
4.18 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stink Star Productions View Post
Says who? Ever hear of a New York reload? Thatís why mag cap restrictions donít work
Sarcasm not sensed.
Ti28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 10:30 PM   #75
 
BADAZZTEALCOBRA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 18,559
Casino cash: $37611698
4.65 per day
Default

The vote on this is tomorrow, if anyone hasn't contacted their representatives please do so tomorrow.
BADAZZTEALCOBRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts