Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > General Discussion > Knives, Guns & Ammo

User Tag List

Like Tree75Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 AM   #26
Not Politically Correct
 
nytebyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,274
Casino cash: $37208800
1.30 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim86Maro View Post
The only people ruining it are the Sally asses that go crying all the time about nothing. It's your right to carry what ever you want no matter the population. Sure people have the right to go cry and complain as well but the person carrying is doing nothing wrong or illegal. The people crying about are the ones that will ruin the anything. Some people just need to grow the fuck up.
Yes, technically you are correct.

BUT over the decades, the general population has been conditioned to fear guns. Also, over the decades, cops have been trained to treat anyone with a gun as a criminal.

Now, in this guy's particular town, open carry of handguns was illegal, but the carry of rifles was not. So if you want to open carry, you need to carry a rifle.

Combine all that together and you've got a problem that led to this incident.

It's true that it's none of the governments business what guns we own or how we carry them. But because we've allowed government to infringe on that right for so long, we now need their "permission" to own or carry guns (FOID cards, CC licenses, etc).
DynaSlim likes this.
nytebyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #27
SVT-wannaby
 
NetChemica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 640
Casino cash: $5042000
0.13 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ear Rak View Post
Most of the video is just a dipshit causing trouble, but what I do disagree with is when he clearly states to the officers that his car is in the direction they are blocking him from, they overreact. You want him to leave and go home? Let the man go to his car, even if it means an officer accompanies him to his car. But don't tell the man to go home and then bar him from proceeding to his vehicle. Now you're just causing trouble yourself, as an officer, and creating an entrapment case.
This case will most likely be thrown out in court. I have a feeling they dealt with people like him before and just took out their frustration the first opportunity they got.
Ear Rak and DynaSlim like this.
__________________
NetChemica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #28
SVT-wannaby
 
NetChemica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 640
Casino cash: $5042000
0.13 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim86Maro View Post
The only people ruining it are the Sally asses that go crying all the time about nothing. It's your right to carry what ever you want no matter the population. Sure people have the right to go cry and complain as well but the person carrying is doing nothing wrong or illegal. The people crying about are the ones that will ruin the anything. Some people just need to grow the fuck up.
It's also 100% legal for a guy to walk around in a mini skirt and high heels. Are you going to exercise this right to let others know it's legal?

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
rocket5979 likes this.
NetChemica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 10:21 AM   #29
SVT-wannaby
 
NetChemica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 640
Casino cash: $5042000
0.13 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nytebyte View Post
Yes, technically you are correct.

BUT over the decades, the general population has been conditioned to fear guns. Also, over the decades, cops have been trained to treat anyone with a gun as a criminal.

Now, in this guy's particular town, open carry of handguns was illegal, but the carry of rifles was not. So if you want to open carry, you need to carry a rifle.

Combine all that together and you've got a problem that led to this incident.

It's true that it's none of the governments business what guns we own or how we carry them. But because we've allowed government to infringe on that right for so long, we now need their "permission" to own or carry guns (FOID cards, CC licenses, etc).
Open carry is fucking stupid if you're out in public. All people use it for it making themselves feel "tough".

It's nothing more than compensation for lack of confidence and/or a small dick, it goes along the same lines as lifted trucks with tons of chrome that never leave a paved road.

HEY EVERYBODY, LOOK AT MY GUN, I'M TOUGH, LIKE SPECIAL FORCES AND SHIT

Open carry is a huge disadvantage compared to concealed carry, open carrying a long gun is even worse.
Ear Rak, rocket5979 and DynaSlim like this.
NetChemica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 10:18 PM   #30
Random Crazy Custom Car guy
 
Mattstrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 273
Casino cash: $6520400
0.14 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetChemica View Post
Open carry is fucking stupid if you're out in public.


Either it's legal, or it's not. Being fearful and ignorant of the laws is just as fucking stupid.
__________________


1993 SSEi 6MT, huge cam, Twincharged, intercooled, 4-wheel discs brakes, super rust delete, Driveshaftshop.com 800hp custom CV axles, build thread
Kills: '01 GP GTP special edition, '13 Mustang, '10 Power Wagon, 6 Prii, Magnum R/T


Mattstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #31
Gearhead
 
rocket5979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Round Lake, IL
Posts: 6,575
Casino cash: $7257600
1.32 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattstrike View Post


Either it's legal, or it's not. Being fearful and ignorant of the laws is just as fucking stupid.


There are many more dynamics to carrying a weapon in public than just legality. Netchemica already brought up a huge disadvantage to open carry, which is lack of tactical advantage. If you get yourself killed first by the bad guy because you made yourself a target then how in the hell are you going to do yourself or anyone else around you any good with your firearm? It's to your advantage to blend in and appear as any other unwitting individual; regardless of your true intent. That has NOTHING to do with legality!

Another point is that being "righteous" isn't the only thing that needs to happen to not have our rights infringed upon. Though many don't agree with it, the fact is that we need to be correct in our stance, and have others support it, in order to make sure laws get passed/stay passed that allow us to carry weapon in order to protect ourselves. The fact is that those "sheeple" that some of you people talk about are voters, and they need to be convinced of the overall benefit of certain trained individuals being allowed to carry a weapon responsibly. If misguided folks open carry rifles in order to make some sort of idiotic statement all we are going to do is put fear, rather than trust, into the hearts of those other folks who otherwise could have voted in favor of responsible gun ownership. You may say that you do not care what they think, but the fact is that we do not live in a vacuum, and the actions and talk of others does indeed affect the rest of us in society.

I am not suggesting that we pander to the ignorant masses in order to get a vote in our favor, but at least not alienate them out of extreme inconsideration on our part by openly carrying in public just to prove a point.
__________________
-Robert-
2009 Pontiac G8 GT 6.6-Twin Turbo, 402 stroker, built trans, fuel system, etc...
2005 Audi S4 4.2-Boltons...
2003 Explorer XLT 4.6-Kenne Bell 2.2 @20psi, Built 4.6, built 4R70W, fuel system, etc...

rocket5979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:23 PM   #32
Smells own farts
 
VenomousDSG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Yorkville, il
Posts: 13,187
Casino cash: $43617895
2.74 per day
Default

These videos of these idiots are getting old, every one of them should be arrested for public disturbance. If you want to carry a gun, go for it, I 100% support you. If you aren't a police officer or federal agent, conceal it. We aren't under occupation, you have no business running around with a rifle slung on your back like you're Rambo.

What moron would want everyone to know they have a gun on them anyways, it completely defeats the purpose. If shit does go down, you will be the first to get attacked.
__________________
2003 DSG Cobra
1999 Performance Red GT (SOLD)
VenomousDSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #33
SVT-wannaby
 
NetChemica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 640
Casino cash: $5042000
0.13 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattstrike View Post


Either it's legal, or it's not. Being fearful and ignorant of the laws is just as fucking stupid.
Open Cary in public is retarded because you're giving away what your advantage is and you're most likely to be the first victim.

Open carrying has the benefit of providing a quicker draw from your holster. The reason I mentioned the public part is because it's an advantage to open carry in the woods where your threat is a wild animal.
Ear Rak likes this.
NetChemica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:37 PM   #34
Underemployed
 
Ear Rak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 25,495
Casino cash: $21060199
5.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetChemica View Post
Open Cary in public is retarded because you're giving away what your advantage is and you're most likely to be the first victim.

Open carrying has the benefit of providing a quicker draw from your holster. The reason I mentioned the public part is because it's an advantage to open carry in the woods where your threat is a wild animal.
This.

I stated this in the Texas thread, too. Open and concealed carry have their time and place.

A Target/Kmart/walmar/starbucks is not the time or place for a rifle on your back and the deep woods/ranch/desert is not the time or place for a pistol under your shirt.

You choose your tools/tactics based on your environment. There is no right tool or tactic to cover every situation.
__________________
2009 Mustang GT 5spd - Because race car
2005 F250 4x4 Powerstroke - STOLEN
Ear Rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts