water heater, who has had?

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
You can do it. Just need some copper, dielectric unions, pipe nipples, and a torch...... You might even get lucky and just be able to hook up to the old connections if the water heaters the same size with the plumbing in the same place....

Hook up the gas, check for leaks, youre done...

You can look up how to sweat copper pipe online if you've never done it before...

I'm headed to a job right now or I'd give you a hand....

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Was just trying to save you some money......

Be sure to check with your town, many are now requiring a permit be pulled for water heater replacements. If your property is considered a rental you might need the work to be done by contractor that is certified with the town as well.

Its actually ridiculous the hoops some towns are making people go throguh just for a water heater...

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Just go to a construction site, find a plumber and ask if hes looking for a side job...This way you can get the job done by a professional and at the same time paying about half price..

Or even talk to Chad aka qwik01cobra he might know a plumber that can do it on the side.

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
if I was in the market again for a water boiler I would consider a electric free standing space saver

Instant_Water_Heater_Showers.jpg

saves money too as it doesnt turn on every couple of hours to reheat water....

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I installed a Bosch Tankless on demand water heater about 1 1/2 years ago.
It was worth it.
The install was a little more complex because there was no propane supply in the immediate area of the new water heater, so a new one had to be run.
I got a deal on heater and all the parts (SS exhaust pipe and valves)for the install and it was still on the expensive side though, in the area of $1200.
It knocked my electric bill down about 20%.
I figure about 5 -6 years on the payback.
The actual install took the better part of a day after the preliminary work had been done (new gas supply line and new exhaust pipe) because the water lines had to be rerouted. Again, worth it.
You can never run out of hot water and it will supply 3 to 4 faucets open at the same time, not that you would do that, but it should anyway.

There is no maintanence, set it and forget it.

For those that have the time to plan this kind of install in advance, it is well worth the money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info