Oil Analysis Anyone?

FirstPlaceOils

FirstPlaceOils.com
Nov 20, 2004
for anyone wanting to know what data you get on a Oil Analysis
here is one I just got back
( the car uses leaded racegas that is why the lead is flagged)

report.jpg

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I don't know what the TBN is currently, but:
The car had Ford oil, synthetic blend, for the first two oil changes, until about 1500 miles, then Mobile One Synthetic 10W30, for the rest of the time. The car has a little over 10,000 miles on it now. The car is almost 9 years old (next month).
Either Mobile One or Ford Racing filters at each change.
The time intervals between changes was probably on the high side, but the type of driving between changes was the type that always brought the motor up to operating temps and kept it there for quite a while. No short 2 mile trips in this car, ever. (Quite a few 1/4 mile trips though).
The mileage interval was probably less than 2000 per service with the Mobile One.
Given that information, I would expect that there is still quite a bit of life left in the oil now, but I feel it is time to change it anyway. And I would also like to check for any levels that may be higher than normal.

After I get the test results, we can discuss them.

Thanks,
Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I did mine and the TBN was 7.93. I could have gone another 3 years.

The only problem I have is that they don't provide a range that would be considered acceptable. They just give you the PPM number. Other than that, it appears to be very complete, including the possible sources of the material.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info