Looking for a job?

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Border Patrol Academy is among the hardest to pass! It's the longest law enforcement academy and you have to become 100% fluent in a language, most commonly spanish. It is a great job opportunity. Most people that go into law enforcement don't do it for the money...they pay usually sucks in law enforcement. You want to make money, become an executive.

-Mike

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Border Patrol Academy is among the hardest to pass! It's the longest law enforcement academy and you have to become 100% fluent in a language, most commonly spanish. It is a great job opportunity. Most people that go into law enforcement don't do it for the money...they pay usually sucks in law enforcement. You want to make money, become an executive.

-Mike

exact reason i got out of it.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
You have to start somewhere and work your way up. Education is important if you want to progress as well.

It's unfortunate some people wouldn't be interested, but hey, you aren't laid off looking for work and now is not the time to be picky, but a place to start, but hey we are all in line for all those six figure salaries out there on a platinum platter.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
You have to start somewhere and work your way up. Education is important if you want to progress as well.

It's unfortunate some people wouldn't be interested, but hey, you aren't laid off looking for work and now is not the time to be picky, but a place to start, but hey we are all in line for all those six figure salaries out there on a platinum platter.

so would you consider border patrol as "entry level". *serious question*.

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
My point is that people at some point need to step out of their comfort zone, you have to do what you have to do. Posting the link was another place to look for work that people may not know what's out there.

Mikey, anywhere you go now will most likely be entry level. At the end of the day try something new. I'm not saying it has to be BP, but keep in mind even enforcement has entry level, politics, OT, and at some point they too are subject to what we will be going through. Entry level means, show what you got and see where it leads you. Nobody is going to pay you to do nothing, but being paid for something is better than nothing.

Slash may consider bp a crappy job, but I may consider car sales, a crappy job, where someone else may consider washing dishes a crappy job. Everyone has opinions, fuck I drive a beetle right now, get my drift?

At the end of the day, try something new and continue to look at the same time, that is the best way to approach it.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
My point is that people at some point need to step out of their comfort zone, you have to do what you have to do. Posting the link was another place to look for work that people may not know what's out there.

Mikey, anywhere you go now will most likely be entry level. At the end of the day try something new. I'm not saying it has to be BP, but keep in mind even enforcement has entry level, politics, OT, and at some point they too are subject to what we will be going through. Entry level means, show what you got and see where it leads you. Nobody is going to pay you to do nothing, but being paid for something is better than nothing.

Slash may consider bp a crappy job, but I may consider car sales, a crappy job, where someone else may consider washing dishes a crappy job. Everyone has opinions, fuck I drive a beetle right now, get my drift?

At the end of the day, try something new and continue to look at the same time, that is the best way to approach it.

totally agree. btw selling cars is the worse job i could ever reccomend to anyone. Any law enforcement job in this bad bad bad economy is good and recession proof. It was just my opinion, i was recruited by the bp and opted to sell cars instead, in retrospect, probably a bad decision.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX

you have a PM.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
You could end like Ramos and Compeon also.

If I lived closer to the boarder I think I'd take the deal. Since we are moving toward communisom faster than ever, and there are ssssoooo many people ready to go for it, CIVIL jobs are KING in commy lands, so I'd be all over this shit.

You could easily move in to a job ransacking houses to remove all of the items our new Utopian Government will need to take away in order to preserve the peace. Stoping people to check their ID's, oh man there's all kinds of opportunity here. I say go for it. Go for any Civil job you can get, you become KING in just about 5 years, which is right at the beginning of Obama's second term. Remember, like his wife said, just last year was the first time she's ever respected America. Her and all their freinds are the ones who HATE Christianity, or our inaliable rights to FREEDOM, much less FREE markets and Capitolism, OH they hate that most of all.

OK, I'll stop....but take the gig if you are young, it will pay in dividends. Just immagine how much you will be able to charge people for food rations, clothing rations, shoes etc., Commie Cops make out like Bandits!

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
totally agree. btw selling cars is the worse job i could ever reccomend to anyone. Any law enforcement job in this bad bad bad economy is good and recession proof. It was just my opinion, i was recruited by the bp and opted to sell cars instead, in retrospect, probably a bad decision.

You always have an opinion, thank God for that :lmao: I should have stayed in the restaurant business... not.

That's what I was going to say. I looked into it a year ago when I was still a senior in college, but when I found out what they pay I was out. I could make more/do make more at an office job where I don't have to worry about any of that stuff.

True to some, but not all. To someone who may not have the education, maybe this is a route they can take.

My opinion is there are a lot more people on the lower end of the pay scale here than even on the medium/ higher end, but maybe all of us are recession/ depression proof. Layoffs are now getting to the point where it's not just your issues that go, but percentages to the dollars now as well... so they'll start even hitting the titles with salaries. What happens when no one else can go??? Pay cuts... time will tell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info