Anyone work for an Architectural firm?

synister281

CMC Bro
Jul 18, 2006
I've been out of work for several months now, applied at numerous places and noone is hiring. Figured its worth a shot if anyone here works for an Architect and knows if they possibly would be hiring?

I'm not a licensed Architect yet, but i've been practicing for 5 years now and have worked for several firms on interiors, corporate offices, religious buildings, theaters, and barely touched on residential.

If you know of anything, please let me know! Be greatly appreciated!

-Mikey P

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Have you tried applying to any Real Estate Development groups? I know the economy is taking a dump all over the profession (a bunch of friends firms are cutting way back and even going completely under right now)...and projects everywhere have gone into stalls.

Being unlicensed just makes it that much harder too... you're basically competing against interns for work.

Good luck and try and find something quick, us grad students are gearing up for summer internships right about now

synister281

CMC Bro
Jul 18, 2006
Have you tried applying to any Real Estate Development groups? I know the economy is taking a dump all over the profession (a bunch of friends firms are cutting way back and even going completely under right now)...and projects everywhere have gone into stalls.

Being unlicensed just makes it that much harder too... you're basically competing against interns for work.

Good luck and try and find something quick, us grad students are gearing up for summer internships right about now

I wanted to go back to school for my masters, but just couldn't afford it at all at the time. And was kinda drained after undergrad.

I just have a feeling there won't be crap out there for a good year or 2 easilly... that is if it ever rebounds.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
I wanted to go back to school for my masters, but just couldn't afford it at all at the time. And was kinda drained after undergrad.

I just have a feeling there won't be crap out there for a good year or 2 easilly... that is if it ever rebounds.
Well, now is the perfect time to get that Masters if you can swing a student loan. Im actually thankful that I worked as an itern for a year before starting my Masters... gives the economy an extra year to get back on its feet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info