I need an Electrician - Garage Wiring

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
This is in Tinley park ~ 2 miles SW of I80 and Harlem.

My brother in law works construction, and will be off/slow the next few weeks, so I'm having him finish my garage.

I need a licensed electrician to do the wiring. Time frame is still not finalized but likely will need the work done December 30th/31st

the house is new construction (2yrs old), the garage is a 3 car garage

I need:
- a new circuit run/ added
- about 6 wall outlets added
- 6 shop lights wired (the fixtures will be roughed in)
- 4 recessed can lights
- wall switch box

circuit box is in the full unfinished basement, new line can be run easily to the garage (~40ft)

If you're able to do the work, please PM me.

tinosc281

TCG Elite Member
Jun 25, 2005
electrician.

i am an electrician.do you need a permit?is the garage getting inspected?.all the outlets in the garage need to be gfci protected.are you required to run everything in conduit.are you installing a garage heater?.if so you might require a 220 volt circuit.also the garage is supposed to be a 20 amp circuit.plus you need ceiling outlets for the garage openers.i am located in chicago.my brother is licensed in glenview .if you don't require a permit.you dont have to be licensed.i used to do electrical for owens cornning basements.all over the southern suburbs.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
As far as I know.... any work as Jack has described would require a current IL state license, insured w/ minimum bonding of 1 million and a permit. Unless he wants a side job and does it behind closed doors. Qwite sure current codes will require Conduit as well.

Electricians, Plumbers, Concrete and Roofers normally have to be licensed and pull permits not to mention most Building departments require you to be registered with them. While some only require you to be registered and may not need a permit to do the work, to become registered you still have to show proof of insurance, bonding and a license is applicable.

Hell, these days you need a permit to get a permit LOL!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info