Car audio systems

MustangAmber

No, its not my man's car!
Jan 11, 2007
Well I have put allot of thought into it and I have decided that my next change will be to upgrade my car audio system. I was wondering if there is any one on the forum who works at a car audio store and who can hook me up with a good deal. Or knows of a good shop to get a good deal at.

I have the speakers that came out of my 03 (a set of 12 inch alpine type R's) and a amp that I think that im going to have to replace (i dont think it is strong enough for the speakers).

Im going to need a new speaker box for the alpines, being that my last car was a vert and they dont have any trunk space so I had to have two seperate boxes made just so they could fit in the trunk (i had to take the trunk apart just to get the speakers in and out). So if anyone could help me out that would be great! Thanks.

Amber

CobraCommander

Rice & Beans
Mar 27, 2005
www.sonicelectronix.com

So your research at www.crutchfield.com, but their prices are a bit high. Go to Tweeter and other audio shops to see things in person and then weigh your decisions...

I buy all my components from: The12vKings

Use their prices to barter with Tweeter if you want someplace to go to yell if something breaks... Everything has warranties, though some stuff relies on them for RMA... I have been buying things from there since they opened and the owner is a really nice dude...

Choose your head-unit to fit your needs, but with the S197's double-din opening, I would go with a touchscreen navigation system from Pioneer or Eclipse... Follow that with Boston Pro Series or Z Series components in 6"... The Bostons are 3ohm and work extremely well with the true-power JLAudio Amps that I would recommend getting...

You can run the rears off of the head unit, the components off of 1 300/2 JLAudio amp and then keep your subs or do what I did and opt for one JL W7-10" that will not only produce massive bass when accompanied by a 500/1 JL amp, but also reduce the amount of weight you carry around...

Follow that up with some very-necessary Extreme dynamat in at least the trunk, but try and do the doors as well....

I love my system in my RSX and will be putting a similar system in my Cobra once all the go-fast goodies are done.

ponyxpress00

Jan 9, 2007
Lyons car radio

This is a Asian guy who has had this shop for years he has a 2 bay garage behind his gas station he is awsome I will post the number up here later when I find it his prices are AWSOME his install work is second to none....I have been going to him for alarms, neon lights (when they were cool) and systems for ohhh 16 years now....I mean real real good prices In my opion anyway last time I was there he installed 5 10 disc cd changer. my new radio,Croosover,Sub box, and amp all for $75.00 yep and he uses the good wire ect as well....never a problem...it just called Lyons car radio in Lyons

SVT SPEED 04

TCG Elite Member
Jun 9, 2004
ponyxpress00 said:
This is a Asian guy who has had this shop for years he has a 2 bay garage behind his gas station he is awsome I will post the number up here later when I find it his prices are AWSOME his install work is second to none....I have been going to him for alarms, neon lights (when they were cool) and systems for ohhh 16 years now....I mean real real good prices In my opion anyway last time I was there he installed 5 10 disc cd changer. my new radio,Croosover,Sub box, and amp all for $75.00 yep and he uses the good wire ect as well....never a problem...it just called Lyons car radio in Lyons

wow...he is still around.

I had an entire system done @ Tweeter in Schaumburg and was very pleased. Bob Kurgan referred me to Fernando over there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info