Reputable Muffler Shops?

Jul 7, 2006
TSI_SVT said:
I'm looking for a shop that could do some work on the Conquest. I want to remove the cat plus reroute the tip coming from the muffler. Might change the muffler also. I'm also considering a complete stainless system so the capability to weld stainless would also be important.

Just take it to your local Car X and leave them with the keys! :lmao:

01Sleeper

TCG Elite Member
Dec 11, 2004
TSI_SVT said:
I'm looking for a shop that could do some work on the Conquest. I want to remove the cat plus reroute the tip coming from the muffler. Might change the muffler also. I'm also considering a complete stainless system so the capability to weld stainless would also be important.

Most muffler shops won't remove the cats since it is illegal. I would try giving Hans a call, I know he does welding, just not sure about stainless, but I think he does. Plus he will be gentle with the car

TSI_SVT

Get Blown!
Jul 9, 2006
01Sleeper said:
Most muffler shops won't remove the cats since it is illegal. I would try giving Hans a call, I know he does welding, just not sure about stainless, but I think he does. Plus he will be gentle with the car
I figured that about the cat. If I had my sawsall here. I'd pull into the lot, jack it up and chop it off and tell them to fill in the gap. Being gentle is the main thing.

TSI_SVT

Get Blown!
Jul 9, 2006
Aron said:
I'm not sure where you are located, but I had OXBO in Joliet do my custom "off road only" true duals on my Z28. They have no problems doing that kind of stuff.

They're located on RT 30 in Joliet.
"Off road only" huh. Joliet is about 35 miles from me. That would be a bit of a drive depending on traffic but if they will do it all while I wait then it wouldn't be a problem. I will keep them in mind. I wonder if it is safe to call and ask them about the "off road only" part. Do you have a contact there?

ITL Cobra

Regular
Jan 31, 2007
Go to: James Dean Mufflers
6501 Joliet Road / Countryside
(Next to the old "Tooter's")
(708)352-0901 (Best to call ahead)

Ask for : Jimmy.

Hands down the best custom exhaust shop. He has walls full of refrences. Works by appointment only. He takes very good care of your vehicle.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
TSI_SVT said:
"Off road only" huh. Joliet is about 35 miles from me. That would be a bit of a drive depending on traffic but if they will do it all while I wait then it wouldn't be a problem. I will keep them in mind. I wonder if it is safe to call and ask them about the "off road only" part. Do you have a contact there?

Yeah, I have long tube headers, which go into an x pipe, with bullet mufflers, which turn down in front of the axle. They didn't even blink when I told them I didn't want cats.

They did mine while I waited, and only took about an hour, even with having to bend 4 pipes and weld everything. I called a day ahead and asked when would be a good day to do it, and he said anytime the next day. I drove it there the next day (open headers :D ) and got taken care of.

I don't have a contact, but here's the shop address:

Oxbo Muffler Shop
700 Plainfield Rd (RT 30)
Joilet, IL 60435
(815) 726-3313

onecobra2fear

Regular
Sep 29, 2004
TSI_SVT said:
merlins on western and fullerton does great work.
Donny does all my exhaust work, and my friends camaros too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info