Carmax in Naperville needs parts associates

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Jul 1, 2006
We need one fulltime overnight associate and one part time daytime associate. Good benefits for fulltime (and part time if you put in 1000 hours per year). I pay $6 per month for full dental, vision, health, and life insurance. Last year I pulled in 148 hours of personal time, all of which will get paid out at the end of the year :).

This is also a place that was rated "top 100 places to work for" by Forbes, two years in a row.

You can apply online at www.carmax.com, the store number is 7122 if they ask that. If you have ANY questions, feel free to call Kenny @ (630)428-7500 ext 4020.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
MGT2002 said:
few questions

how flexible are the partime hours? Whats starting pay? Lastly, whats the age requirement and experience needed?

My suggestion, don't wait... apply. Make yourself visible and start communicating. One thing I can't stand is when people ask that, almost a turn off. Apply, impress and I guarantee you that they may flex for you. Just remember your manners, appearance, and attitude are what sells you!

PS I don't work for them, just some friendly advice!

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
Flatliner said:
My suggestion, don't wait... apply. Make yourself visible and start communicating. One thing I can't stand is when people ask that, almost a turn off. Apply, impress and I guarantee you that they may flex for you. Just remember your manners, appearance, and attitude are what sells you!

PS I don't work for them, just some friendly advice!
You HR nerd!

NetChemica1

SVT-wannaby
Jul 1, 2006
ShelbyGuy said:
overnight == 11:30pm-7:00am?
overnight parts associate == match up orders that came in during the day, with work orders so the mechanics can have the parts ready in the morning? or are there mechanics working there 3rd shift?

nights and days do the same thing except days has to do with retail (cars owned by customers). Days also has a lot more dealerships to order oem parts from since thats when they are open. And once you become familiar with our system, it shouldn't take you more than 30 seconds to sign for a part and make it ready for a technician. Our system is easy to follow, and it usually takes about 2-3 days to become familiar.

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
"Make yourself visible and start communicating. One thing I can't stand is when people ask that, almost a turn off. Apply, impress and I guarantee you that they may flex for you. Just remember your manners, appearance, and attitude are what sells you!"

Very good advice. When you do apply try to give the application to the person who you would be working for or at least meet him or her and establish contact. Also learn a bit about the company too. I know it isn't a $100K a year job but it's a good habit to get into for when you do start interviewing for better positions.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info