Need a Marketing position...

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Well...the sht finally hit the fan.
As some of you kind of already knew, work has been a real pain in the azz the last few months. When I took the position a couple of years back it was pretty much just because I needed a job ($) at the time and really didn't think I would stay there this long. But things weren't so bad and I figured it would probably be better to stay a while for the resume and general experience.

Well - the energy business is in a bad place these days (very inflated market along with too much worldly influence). All the companies are having hard times and trying to crack down on every sales $ they can find. We were no different - so management thought the best tactic with me was to try and force feed me a bunch of BS, watch and track everything they could and generally treat me like a child. Not the way to motivate me! 1st off, the last two years I'm the only one in the office to actually hit above goal - and was tracking above goal again this year (overcoming the above stuff). That said, one would think that a little positive reinforcement would be the direction...but that is way too above management, they would rather be little you and scare you with threats and general BS.

So this is going on for the last couple of months, pretty much not making the situation better for anybody! This afternoon we go through the usual Monday "sit down" to go over the activities of last week and I hit on how my week went (strong week, mostly good stuff and news that made extra $'s). I had one place that I had to visit a couple of times and didn't log it in right so the boss starts to question it, like I didn't even go....BS After the meeting I go back to work on stuff and get called back in...they still didn't believe that I was there. Lucky for me (or so I thought) I had emails from the two days with the contract info in question supporting that fact that I did stop by. I'm pretty PO'd by now as this is BS above and beyond! Well I get home and get a call...we're sorry blah blah....but now nobody (especially me) trusts what's going on and it is better to just "go our separate ways."

I have been pretty unhappy there for a while and looking for a new job (just not as hard as I should have) so it is hard for me to feel too bad...obviously I'm PO'd at the complete lack of respect, timing and BS, but at the same time I am glad to not have to go in there any more! I have been saving up (house and/or car) for a while so I'm not freaking out...but that won't last for ever :(

So - If you know or hear of any Marketing positions out there - help a brother out PLEASE! Can bring 10+ years of various experience in different industries to the table....

Tim

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Mystic544 said:
Well...the sht finally hit the fan.
As some of you kind of already knew, work has been a real pain in the azz the last few months. When I took the position a couple of years back it was pretty much just because I needed a job ($) at the time and really didn't think I would stay there this long. But things weren't so bad and I figured it would probably be better to stay a while for the resume and general experience.

Well - the energy business is in a bad place these days (very inflated market along with too much worldly influence). All the companies are having hard times and trying to crack down on every sales $ they can find. We were no different - so management thought the best tactic with me was to try and force feed me a bunch of BS, watch and track everything they could and generally treat me like a child. Not the way to motivate me! 1st off, the last two years I'm the only one in the office to actually hit above goal - and was tracking above goal again this year (overcoming the above stuff). That said, one would think that a little positive reinforcement would be the direction...but that is way too above management, they would rather be little you and scare you with threats and general BS.

So this is going on for the last couple of months, pretty much not making the situation better for anybody! This afternoon we go through the usual Monday "sit down" to go over the activities of last week and I hit on how my week went (strong week, mostly good stuff and news that made extra $'s). I had one place that I had to visit a couple of times and didn't log it in right so the boss starts to question it, like I didn't even go....BS After the meeting I go back to work on stuff and get called back in...they still didn't believe that I was there. Lucky for me (or so I thought) I had emails from the two days with the contract info in question supporting that fact that I did stop by. I'm pretty PO'd by now as this is BS above and beyond! Well I get home and get a call...we're sorry blah blah....but now nobody (especially me) trusts what's going on and it is better to just "go our separate ways."

I have been pretty unhappy there for a while and looking for a new job (just not as hard as I should have) so it is hard for me to feel too bad...obviously I'm PO'd at the complete lack of respect, timing and BS, but at the same time I am glad to not have to go in there any more! I have been saving up (house and/or car) for a while so I'm not freaking out...but that won't last for ever :(

So - If you know or hear of any Marketing positions out there - help a brother out PLEASE! Can bring 10+ years of various experience in different industries to the table....

Tim

Tim,
Hope all works out for you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info