Open Interviews March 4th 9am-1pm

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
To make it easier we are going to just do a open job fair/interviewing on this Friday March 4th from 9am - 1pm ONLY. just bring in a resume, ill have you fill out a application, and just chat quick. nothing long or crazy.

i work for a company that nationwide installs storage sheds and playsets for Lowes Home Improvement. we also sell DIY for home depot. i run a branch in North Aurora, IL off 88 and Farnsworth exit. i am a install manager at my branch and i control the warehouse, pull orders, and control the contractors and give them thier materials. im looking to hire 1-2 contractors ( not to be a dick, but doubt anyone here will fit the profile needed, need all tools, truck, and such. basically looking for carpentry workers). im also hiring a PART-TIME warehouse worker to work under my directive. youll just make the paperwork for the builders then pull orders on a forklift for the day. links below with more detail job description.

stop in if you'd like. thanks

www.backyardbuildings.com.

Backyard Buildings
119 Butterfield Rd
North Aurora,IL 60542

Looking for 1-2 Contractors to build sheds for my company.
link to job description:
http://www.chitownracing.com/forums...r-Builders-Contractors-to-Work-for-my-Company

looking to hire a parttime warehouse material puller. Link to job desc:
http://www.chitownracing.com/forums/showthread.php?179901-For-Hire-Warehouse-Employee

also my boss will be looking to hire a partime office person to help with phone and paperwork that can be talked about on friday.

Be there between 9-1 and thats only time we will be doing it. its across the street from a vacant restaurant. slow down when your getting towards the river cause we are on the right, right before the corner, and youll miss it going too fast with the trees blocking. looking for playsets and sheds in parking lot.

Thanks

Ryan

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
I wish you had positions closer to me, Aurora is a haul,

Also, you could probably word this better- it was kind of condescending the way you said it.

well i didnt want people that think, hey i can build a shed, and show up and waste thier time. my boss is kinda picky with the contractors cause they are the fore-front person taht deals with the customer and have to be able to build these things in a day, usually 4-7hrs, and have the tools already. we train for 2 days are your on your own after that. so unless someone here has built houses and worked carpentry, and has a truck to haul a shed kit, plus compressors, hand tools, 1,2,3" air nail guns, ladders, and everything else, then, that is what i mean by most here wouldnt fit the profile for a builder.

shop person, can be anyone, if you got forklift experience, im gonna look at that highly as well seeing as the warehouse portion is done with a fork and i cant have a noob learning a fork and spearing my kits and breaking stuff.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I understand where you were coming from for sure...

All I was saying was there is definitely a better way to say what you said... which without a doubt, there is.

I also guarantee that there is a person or two that are most likely qualified on this site, that you may possibly discourage from applying just because of talk like that.

That's all. Good luck on your hunt.

SilentShado

303 HP+315 ft lbs = 1 GXP with 2 bald bridgestones
Apr 3, 2009
Mchenry, IL
I understand where you were coming from for sure...

All I was saying was there is definitely a better way to say what you said... which without a doubt, there is.

I also guarantee that there is a person or two that are most likely qualified on this site, that you may possibly discourage from applying just because of talk like that.

That's all. Good luck on your hunt.

I'm experienced in this arena. Althought I am a project manager for a commercial contractor right now. What does the contractor position pay?

CrawlinTBSS

Detailer
Jul 8, 2007
Naperville, IL
pay is per building built. lowest i see weekly on these guys checks is 1k. WEEKLY.(when we are in season building everyday, winter is down time, small work, displays and such we build ) my one hispanic guy with his helper cranks in 2500-4k a week. all depends how much you wanna work. some guys work m-f and take weekends off. others are open 7 days a week to do work. smaller building = smaller pay , but easier to do alone. bigger the building the higher the pay, but then it gets hard to do on your own. all of my guys can do 10x12s by themselves. the big stuff we usually stick 2 together to get it done in a day too. but even at split pay they can still make bank!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info