looking for a new job

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
the current shop i work for is a fuckin joke, real quick, he wont turn the heat on, i have to beg for material, no fabricating tools, no frame rack, piss poor paint booth, piss poor drier system<big fish eye problem> so ya iam done, no benifits, no insurance, no paid vactions, no paid days off, so here it goes

im a bodyman/painter/production painter/custom painter/metal fabricator/collision tech/restoration tech/ i do mechanical work too/ i also do custom work
my ase certification is old and i need to re take test
i-car gold
ppg gold
soon sherwin williams certified
6h certified
i have worked on car-o-liner, chief, brewco frame racks
worked with ppg, dupont. spies hecker, sherwin williams, i perfer ppg

i live in cicero so commuting i dont mid it but it has to be worth my time, insurance, paid days off, paid vacations, shop must have heat<lol>, iam easy going get along with anyone really, im hard working, on time, if i must go back to collission work i can book close to 100 hours a week

custom and restoration work yoou have seen in threads i have stared in this forum, im neat and keep my work arear spotless and orginized, communicate to the mamager whats need supplements, material what have you

i love what i do for a living and need a shop to call home
contact me here or email at [email protected]

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
well basiclly they think they are fixing show cars, and the son and owner both think they are chip foose, if they dont like ya which for some reason they didnt like me they both made my time there a living hell, name calling, putting my oldsmobile down, making fun of my daughter, the biggest was the jobs and my booking of hours

the last month i was bringing home 200 bucks, when i knew i was making more and it against the law for him to pay that way so i have a claim on him to get my money, so i quit

there is more but i wont get into it

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
^^long story dont want to get into it cuz its just gonna piss me off
i do side work out of my garage but only spring time to the end of fall, i dont have heat so i kinda fail there

cmon guys anyone know of a shop hiring looking for a good tech,hard worker, certifications up the ass lol anyone??

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I know Sterling was hiring out of Naperville and a few other places for body and paint guys. I saw it not too long ago when I was looking for a parts manager/estimator job. I'll keep my ears open for you.

If you want some side work I'm gonna need my front bumper painted on my TBSS this spring. Not sure if GM will warranty it and the paint is chipping off really badly.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I have a '75 Buick Electra 225 that's going to need some rust repair (very minor) on the doors, as well as straightening out the rear bumper and some other misc. paint work. I'll get you some pictures closer to spring time and we can try to figure something out.

G_T_O

TCG Elite Member
May 10, 2009
i sent both of you guys pm`s
and i just confirmed with a friend of mine i can use his shop whenever i want, so if anyone needs work let me know

Here is the pic
452fdc78-49c3-152b.jpg

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
putting this out there again

im on the hunt again, gerber collision can suck it!! they wont give me full book hour, i havent had one complaint and i was promised i would get it after my 90 days and guess what they wont give it to me

so im on the hunt again, i have been on craigslist, sent out resumes to all i found, just reporting on here if anyone knows of a good decent shop
and one that pays full book hour not this 14 a book hour shit has benifits and overall a good enviroment for my old ass to work in

thanks guys

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
It sounds like all you do is complain, man. You claim to do this amazing work that no one would ever be unhappy with, and every shop or owner is trying to screw you in some way. What about the other guys at these places you work, are they treated the same way? All this job bouncing around sounds like maybe there is an issue with you at these places? Not sure if you have opened your eyes recently, but jobs aren't exactly plentiful. Putting food on your table and having steady work is almost a luxury these days. You act like quite the elitist, that you are old and a veteran and you deserve to get paid more, even though you are the newest guy walking through the door. No one is going to want to pay you anything when they look at your recent job history. Jumping from place to place looking for the bigger better deal. You would have to be an idiot to sink a bunch of money into a guy who is going to leave the second he is unhappy with anything.

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
first off slow your roll, all i did was bump this thread up top, did not need a long ass response from anyone besides people that know people in the trade not someone claiming they know who i am as a person know my lifes story and my work etthic

yes iam old yes im a veteran in the trade, so ya i can be arrogant, cocky, ya know why becase im damn good at what i do do ya not remember the threads i started on here with pics of my work and pats car his super coupe and another members car i repaired that belong on this forum and im sure they can attest to my work

so the tech at gerber all get paid 14 a book hour 18 for frame and mechanical i was promised something and gerber and they are not standing behind their word, so ya im pissed, and i think anyone else would be too

as my employment history goes, ill break it down for ya so you feel better ok here it goes
i worked for cars collision for 3 yrs fullers for 3 yrs got laid off from fullers not enough work to keep me and i was the low man on the totem pole so scot had no choice but to lay me off, and then i worked at the restoration shop for a year, again i got laid off, he was going in a different direction with the shop which i heard at a later date, and i got laid off

beend with gerber for 4 months now they broke a promise, i have proof in a email from hr and they went back on their word so ya im pissed off, and have every right to be

so no i dont job hop why should i stay at a place that isnt going to keep a promise and think im going to stay for 14 a book hour, the normal is 18 a book hour i will find the perfect shop who knows i might go back to fullers and make my money

but please save your drama for your momma dude i didnt ask for your opinion dont need it dont want it if ya need my help im here for ya but besides what ya just typed out now save it for someone that gives a shit becasue brotha that is not me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info