I need a job. Yep. KJ needs a job.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah. I need a job. Funemployment is running out of time..... :ugh: or money...

But yeah... if you know of anything let me know... I have a business administration degree with a major in marketing... and am ready and willing to start whatever the next step is.. whether it is a career or another stepping stone job... I worked for 8 years at a local marina, and have a lot of experience with sales- selling everything from boats to small sports equipment to services, and warranty's... i also have experience organizing events and sales promotions as well as advertising campaigns. I love working with people, for people, and being in charge of people. I am not afraid of much of anything and am willing to do whatever it takes.

I have many references and can provide that as well as a resume on request.

I am willing to learn anything, and will do a great job at whatever I do, many of the people on here will vouch for me as a friend, as well as for my work ethic. I will go the extra distance to fully learn something, or perform any task.

So with that all being said- any jobs that you feel may suit me that you may have an in on, please don't hesitate to let me know.

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Probably not what you're looking for, but Menards offers a manager trainee program. Basically you spend 12 weeks shadowing 4 different managers and doing other stuff related to policies, etc, and then typically get promoted to a manager. You need a business degree to get in, but I dont know the specifics of it, but it can turn into a long term thing.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Sorry, man. We have a massive marketing department but no entry-level positions right now other than internships requiring current enrollment. Do you have the link I sent you before with job listings? If not I'll send it again if you're interested.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Didn't you just buy a snowmobile? Now you can be on unemployment for like 3 years before you run out. How long have you been unemployed?

yeah I did recently purchase a snowmobile... also sold a 300c srt8 tho...

i have been unemployed since october.

I heard it was just 99 weeks of free money from us tax payers

i dont know if you were tying to be sarcastic or a dick cheese... but I worked for 8 years there... paying taxes... the reaaallly small amount that i will be getting is minuscule compared to what i have paid... i will be fully trying to get employed the entire time as well when i am receiving it as i have been.

If he's been working for 8 years, he's most certainly paid more into un-employment than he's taken out...

When did you leave there? I thought you were posting this summer about stuff that was going on there or with customers.

thanks mike and octoberish shit got pretty messed up...

Probably not what you're looking for, but Menards offers a manager trainee program. Basically you spend 12 weeks shadowing 4 different managers and doing other stuff related to policies, etc, and then typically get promoted to a manager. You need a business degree to get in, but I dont know the specifics of it, but it can turn into a long term thing.

that actually sounds liike something i could be interested in. thanks for the idea.

I'll keep my eye open, but unfortunately we don't have many openings for positions like yours at the company I work for.

thanks rick.

Sorry, man. We have a massive marketing department but no entry-level positions right now other than internships requiring current enrollment. Do you have the link I sent you before with job listings? If not I'll send it again if you're interested.

could you send it again? thatd be great.

Good luck KJ. I'll keep my eye out mang.

thanks dude.

Unemployment was at 72 weeks then they just extended it another 1.5 years so I'm pretty sure someone can get a total of 150 weeks max (not 100% sure) but anyway that's like 2 3/4 years. You just have to apply for an extension.

Either way I have a good feeling you'd rather be working. Good luck man

I was laid off in November of 09 I got a job within a week of getting the axe. Worked at that job for a year while looking for something else. Then I found something got hired and stayed there for 6 months and got laid off again in April of 10. I was on unemployment for 16 weeks and found another job. Worked there for 12 weeks and got laid off again. Went back on unemployment for 4 weeks and found this job that I actually start tomorrow.

I know what your going through, the last 2 years have been hard for me as well.

The hardest part was that when I got the axe back in 09 my wife was 7 months pregnant. Its been 2 years for me and we have just now got back to the combined salary that we made back in 09.

My wife will be hiring people for her company in a few months, if your still unemployed at that point I can shoot you a PM

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
holy shit. lucky for me i am single and still live at home... with no kids. so i wont have 1/10th the stress in that regard that you did. either way. i know its not going to be easy finding something decent and getting something good... but im optimistic

look at my post dude, the company she works for is full of win!!, she has full insurance, matchin 401k, company parties, company PAID vacations, we went to vegas for free!!

so its worth a shot, she can help you get a job

bdyman

can i haz bondo?
Sep 9, 2008
cicero
Real Name
chris
thatd be great. i was looking at their website tonight. what would be the best route for me to do from here?

if you see the job you are interested in email your resume to her email addy telling her the job number, and any other info you want to say to hr, you will here back sooner going through her then you would going through the web site

she works with hr all day long so basiclly you will get a job faster going through my woman

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Unemployment was at 72 weeks then they just extended it another 1.5 years so I'm pretty sure someone can get a total of 150 weeks max (not 100% sure) but anyway that's like 2 3/4 years. You just have to apply for an extension.

Either way I have a good feeling you'd rather be working. Good luck man

I was laid off in November of 09 I got a job within a week of getting the axe. Worked at that job for a year while looking for something else. Then I found something got hired and stayed there for 6 months and got laid off again in April of 10. I was on unemployment for 16 weeks and found another job. Worked there for 12 weeks and got laid off again. Went back on unemployment for 4 weeks and found this job that I actually start tomorrow.

I know what your going through, the last 2 years have been hard for me as well.

The hardest part was that when I got the axe back in 09 my wife was 7 months pregnant. Its been 2 years for me and we have just now got back to the combined salary that we made back in 09.

My wife will be hiring people for her company in a few months, if your still unemployed at that point I can shoot you a PM

99 weeks, period.

There's a lot of misinformation about it...if you collected 99 weeks, you won't get any additional unemployment.

They just extended it for poeple that may have only collected less than 99 weeks and never reached the last teir...for intance if your unemplyment ran out in 2007 and you hadn't recieved all 99 weeks yet...you can go back and claim the weeks you didn't recieve up to 99 weeks.

The easiest way to think of it, is if you collected 99 weeks you are done.

99 weeks, period.

There's a lot of misinformation about it...if you collected 99 weeks, you won't get any additional unemployment.

They just extended it for poeple that may have only collected less than 99 weeks and never reached the last teir...for intance if your unemplyment ran out in 2007 and you hadn't recieved all 99 weeks yet...you can go back and claim the weeks you didn't recieve up to 99 weeks.

The easiest way to think of it, is if you collected 99 weeks you are done.

Hey thanks for the correction! Alot of people are in the same boat as KJ. It's nice to know all the facts about the unemployment laws.

Thanks Ron

I have a question for anyone who knows:

OK so if you have 99 weeks of unemployment, how long do you have to work again before your able to claim another 99 weeks?

I have herd it was 6 months. Is this correct?

So like I could go on unemployment for 99 weeks, after it runs out work some place for 24 weeks and then go back on unemployment for another 99 weeks?

I mean if so, why would anyone really want to work full time all the time?

We could all just live off the tax payers. OK I'm just kidding but it seems like something is wrong with the whole system. Sorry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info