Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I talked back and forth to Lorie (HR) over there the past few days vie e-mail, she called last night at 8pm...and unfortunately my wife was out, and was in-process putting the kids to bed. Conversation was going pretty well, but the kids were screaming left and right following me around while I was on the phone, so we scheduled a phone interview for today at 10am.

10am rolls around and no call...got an email at 11am telling me to look somewhere else since they aren't hiring anymore.

Story of my life. This was the best lead I've had in the past year too.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I don't think she will give up on you Ron.

She was very nice and all, but I was unfortunately excited to get into a company like this since it's something I'm passionate about.

Just another big let down.

The wife is fed up with me not working, and I've applied to all sorts of places like BB, Dunkin donuts, Sears, Meijer...etc....I haven't got one call back; on the job boards I probably send out more than 20 or so resumes before one of them even sends me back one of the "while we were impressed by your resume, we have chosen another candidate"

Sucks to be in this position, there isn't shit I can do about it.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Ron.. what type of field are you looking to get into.. and whats the minimum pay you till take?

Being unemployed for almost 2 months i found a lot of companys i had to turn down because it just wasnt for me.. and i kinda live near you now.. maybe i can help you out? :dunno:

pm me

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Well, PM sent. I don't what you can do though. I'd be happy with $10 an hour, since that's $10 more than I make right now. I'm basically looking for ANYTHING. I haven't turned anything down, since I haven't had a single offer.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
She was very nice and all, but I was unfortunately excited to get into a company like this since it's something I'm passionate about.

Just another big let down.

The wife is fed up with me not working, and I've applied to all sorts of places like BB, Dunkin donuts, Sears, Meijer...etc....I haven't got one call back; on the job boards I probably send out more than 20 or so resumes before one of them even sends me back one of the "while we were impressed by your resume, we have chosen another candidate"

Sucks to be in this position, there isn't shit I can do about it.

both of my parents are in the same position as you and it sucks. Right now I am the only one that has a job and I am giving my parents money to pay bills. I was saving for my own place but this is just another set back for all of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info