I need a new job

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Had to quit my job today because of school. The job I was working at simply could not flex the hours so I had to quit.

I live in the Bartlett area and will be attending school next week. Does anyone know of anything that is available? Weekdays, Weekends what ever. Ive got a nice work history with reputable employers. Resume is ready.

Thanks for the help!

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Angus what do you have in mind? Beggars cant be choosers :D

yeah,
what's the word in geneva ??

It's retail places that I go into around here that are looking for help - all up and down Randall rd. I just seem to always notice if a place is hiring or not... Not that I'd ever go back to retail... haha

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Not sure if you're still looking, but I know of quite a few Chase branches that are hiring. One in Elgin, Algonquin, Huntley, Lake In The Hills. QUITE A FEW. (not sure if any has been filled). Also, the Chase corporate offices are right off randall by 90. You can check there. Not sure if it's something you want to do though. :dunno:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Depends on the position. (most banks start new hires off as tellers). So basically a decent work history (length of keeping jobs) that would show you're a worker would be great. Most banks look at the customer service aspect, punctuality, cash handling experience, attitude, ect. Some people doesn't necessarily have to have any experience, but as long as they can show a good attitude and seems like they'll be a good asset to the corporation, then you have your foot in the door.

If you're a people person and go out of your way helping others on your own time or at various jobs, then you can also mention that in an application and/or resume. Anything to make you stand out would be helpful as well.

Last edited:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
She forbids you? Is it that bad to work there? My gf was actually thinking of going there. They just opened a new branch in Algonquin (on Randall) and I believe are still hiring. I think you can just hop online and check it out and check locations.

I don't think it's really all that hard to be a teller since you have the machines doing all the counting. :dunno: lol

But what exactly is the reason that your mom doesn't want you working at corporate? That way I can give a heads up to my gf. If you want, shoot me a pm.

And no problem with the info. Any types of jobs in particular that you are looking for? That way I can ask around or keep my eyes open.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My wife was a teller for Chase and the treat people like shit. When you are a teller you are not just expected to count cash and process transactions. They expect you to open new accounts and if you do not the give you a hard time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info