IC clean and plug change

D

Darkness01

I have never done either of these on a Lightning. I need help pulling my supercharger off, cleaning the intercooler, changing the plugs, and then putting it all back together with an oil separator included. Looking to have the plugs gapped at .034 (no idea how to gap them). We can do this in my garage or yours. I have no idea what a fair price would be. I want to watch and learn so I can do it myself down the road. I'll gladly pay what you think would be fair.

D

Darkness01

i have a magnaflow x-pipe and 2 magnaflow magnapacks into the stock tips. I"m going to be painting the stock tips black. I don't want the bling of shiny tips. I also might just say fuck it. I"m debating on selling the truck, as I kind of want a 5 or 6 speed car

D

Darkness01

shop has been very up to date. needs 2 driver side wheels, new ball joints, front bumper repaired, tailgate repaired, new rear end and driver side brake, whole driver side of the bed, and the cab has 2 dents from where the bed clicked it, and the tail lights. the ball joints and lower control arms are in so far, as well as the new rear end. all the other parts have been ordered, and they're repairing the cab while they wait for the other parts.

E

ez112

Holy crap, thats terrible to hear. This isn't coming out of your pocket is it?

I have a stock lower grille if ya need it lol.

As far as accidents, don't worry about the look. Mine must have been in an accident too when I bought it. I could tell the subtle mistakes. I'm SO sick of buying cars that have been already damaged. I can never tell until I done already bought the sumbitch. The only bad on mine is whom ever repainted it, used a one stage paint. Over time my bumper peeled really bad (but thats cuz of lack of flex additive) and fenders are starting to do the same. Make sure the paint is of good quality and you won't be able to tell.

As far as accidents, don't worry about the look. Mine must have been in an accident too when I bought it. I could tell the subtle mistakes. I'm SO sick of buying cars that have been already damaged. I can never tell until I done already bought the sumbitch. The only bad on mine is whom ever repainted it, used a one stage paint. Over time my bumper peeled really bad (but thats cuz of lack of flex additive) and fenders are starting to do the same. Make sure the paint is of good quality and you won't be able to tell.

Oh I get it now!! That's why your bumper was pulled off... All this time I thought it was because you were trying to show off you fmic haha jk! Btw did I ever tell you that your truck looks mean as fuck with that fmic?

Either way op I wish you the best of luck on your trucks progress... Hope it all turns out for the best!

D

Darkness01

grille should be ok, the bumper just needs the scuffs buffed and filled and then painted and readjusted. i'm hoping it turns out OK. I have full coverage, so my deductible is 500. The driver side ball joint/LCA and rear brake pads are the only thing I'm paying out of pocket besides the deductible. EZ, do you still have that 6lb pulley and belt? When I get the truck back, 67pontiac from LightningRodder is going to help me clean my intercooler, home port my blower and TB, and then we'll slap the pulley on. Then I'll be adding a MAFia and heading for a tune.

D

Darkness01

lol no worries. i might have to purchase that, lol...i get the truck back hopefully next week. the front suspension and rear end are done. the quarter panel, tailgate, and bumper are in paint. the back of the cab is primered, and the bed has been removed. the inner part of driver side of the bed was replaced, and the bed was sent out to be rhino-lined again. the bed will be put back on with all new bolts and whatnot

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• D
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list