Sworn Officers: 67

Application Deadline: 4/12/10

POLICE OFFICER EXAMINATION

Board of Fire and Police Commissioners

Optional Orientation Session - February 27 at 9:00 AM:

Carpentersville Village Hall

1200 LW Besinger Drive

Carpentersville, IL

Carpentersville is the 3rd largest municipality in Kane County. The current estimated population is 37,400, a population growth of 23% since 2000. Carpentersville Police Department currently employs 67 sworn officers.

Application Information

Applications may be obtained beginning February 12, 2010 at:

Carpentersville Police Station

and

http://vil.carpentersville.il.us

and

Police Officer Application

(PDF format)

Get Adobe Reader

Application Packet

(.doc format)

Completed applications, with required supporting documents, must be turned in to the Carpentersville Police Department by Monday, April 12, 2010 at 4:00 PM.

Minimum Requirements

Age 21 – 35 at list posting, unless prior police service per Illinois Complied Statutes

Valid Illinois Driver’s License

High School Diploma or equivalent

Weight proportional to height

Vision 20/200 - correctable to 20/40

Must pass written, oral, physical agility, medical, polygraph and psychological examinations. The candidates with the top 45 scores on the written exam will receive an oral interview with the Fire and Police Commissioners and the Chief of Police.

Required Documentation

(to be Submitted With Application)

HS School Transcript(s) and Diploma

College Transcript(s) and Diploma

Military Discharge (DD - 214)

Optometrist Certificate of Eye Examination

Physical Agility Waiver

Physician’s Approval of Participation in Physical Agility

Photocopy of Valid Drivers License

Testing Information

Written and Physical Agility examinations are scheduled for Saturday, April 17, 2010. The check-in for physical agility examination will begin at 7:30 AM. The Written Test is scheduled to begin by 1:00 PM. The Physical Agility Examinations will be conducted at the Carpentersville Police Station. The Written Test will be held at Carpentersville Fire Station #3.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I apparently can't pass through the polygraph portion to save my life so i wouldn't even bother.

Some departments don't necessarily care what your answers are, but whether you lie about it. Of course it also depends on the questions. "Do you still do drugs?" yes=good bye.... no (and you lie)= good bye. They don't necessarily care if you tried weed and admit it on a poly. As long as you don't do it still, and as well whether or not you have done hard core drugs (cocaine, ect).

Hollywood 06 GTO

Professional Bench Racer
Feb 9, 2010
i applied once for lake in the hills....there was about 100people there, way more qualified then me there....i never pursued it since the physical exam was held when i was going on the NOPI tour....so fuck that...i still might apply out by me someday

I use to live out in Belvidere!!! Not much need for cops. They need all the help they can get in Rockford though.

Bones

Don't call me late for dinner!!!
Dec 29, 2009
Nw Burbs
I apparently can't pass through the polygraph portion to save my life so i wouldn't even bother.

Just don't lie beforehand. All they're going to do is ask you in person have you ever done drugs, committed murder or committed a felony. As long as it's minor like smoking pot way back when, they won't hold it against you. When you go to take the poly, say the same thing you'll be fine. I have a friend who is a palatine cop, we did tons of stupid shit as kids growing up. He didn't lie about his past, that's what they are after. Biggest concerns are DUIs, Felonies, Convicted drug charges. Shit I'm more concerned over the GD 6000 question personality test. That's enough to drive you literally insane. I'm working my way into the state troopers right now, hopefully should be interning with them this summer through my school (ISU).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info