Industrial Tech $28-29 hour to start

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
One of our tech 3's quit....and none of our tech 2's passed the test. Starts around $28-29 an hour. Right off the highway (rt59) in Aurora. Company is Daifuku, located inside Amazon facility.

Job is stupid easy, 4-10 hour days.

I am not the hiring manager, but will get you in touch with the right people. Test is based on general mechanical, some PLC, some Electrical.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
What kinda of ceiling per hour? 40$? 50$?

Also any advancement opportunities after tech 3?

You can move up fast in this company. However, past tech 3...it goes to controls tech, then controls leader. Beyond that it's management.

College degree or two years of service gets you eligible for management. There are other positions within Daifuku...just not at this location.

We have 19 techs, an AM, an MM, and an EAM for management. Management gets into the 6 figures. Top for a tech 3 I believe is about $34. However, during Amazon's peak schedule (about 6 weeks) it's mandatory 50 hours (60 max). Regular but not excessive opportunities for OT throughout the year.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I’m a Tech 2 in Joliet, started not that long ago though. For a different company but at an Amazon facility. Is it a Ramsey test? (I assume so)

Yeah, you must be at JLL.

I started as a Tech 2 through Aerotek, went through peak...got hired on and tested for tech 3...was a tech 3 for a few months then tested for CST. Turnover is high at our shop, so just have to wait for someone to quit and move up...lol.

It's not for everyone. Stupid paperwork, and lack of action. Our building was launched last fall. All low speed conveyors, easy and simple mechanicals. Only small stuff breaks.

None of our tech 2's could pass the tech 3 test. I heard last night our boss had an outside guy pass it...but he wanted to get someone already familiar with Amazon.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Yeah, you must be at JLL.

I started as a Tech 2 through Aerotek, went through peak...got hired on and tested for tech 3...was a tech 3 for a few months then tested for CST. Turnover is high at our shop, so just have to wait for someone to quit and move up...lol.

It's not for everyone. Stupid paperwork, and lack of action. Our building was launched last fall. All low speed conveyors, easy and simple mechanicals. Only small stuff breaks.

None of our tech 2's could pass the tech 3 test. I heard last night our boss had an outside guy pass it...but he wanted to get someone already familiar with Amazon.

MDW4, I didn’t start through aerotek I hired in from outside, before I started I guess the turnover was high, right now we’ve kinda plateaued. I had the option to test but didn’t (stupid I know that now). Definitely a lot of paperwork and lack of action, or lame calls. My building is only 2 years old so it’s still got some kinks and basically belts motors and the occasional gearbox. I’m on a particularly slow shift, so my we don’t get any substantial downtime windows.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Our turnover goes in spurts. I'm in the same boat. The CST's are on a different schedule here, so I come in 3 hours after first shift and am out of here at 3:30 am. One half hour window the whole time. I'm stuck with all the new guys so I can train them. It's kind of nice since I rarely do any physical work. I have them do it all.

My plan is to stick around for two years and go for AM position...may test for CSL...but I think ours isn't planning on going anywhere.

There are better paying gigs out there...but I am literally less than 10 minutes from home, and the job is easy. Hard to justify a longer commute and more stress for a few extra bucks.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Our turnover goes in spurts. I'm in the same boat. The CST's are on a different schedule here, so I come in 3 hours after first shift and am out of here at 3:30 am. One half hour window the whole time. I'm stuck with all the new guys so I can train them. It's kind of nice since I rarely do any physical work. I have them do it all.

My plan is to stick around for two years and go for AM position...may test for CSL...but I think ours isn't planning on going anywhere.

There are better paying gigs out there...but I am literally less than 10 minutes from home, and the job is easy. Hard to justify a longer commute and more stress for a few extra bucks.

I believe our CSL spot is still open. Or they may have found someone.. Not 100% sure on that at the moment. Ours are also on a similar shift to yours it sounds like. That sounds like a good plan to be honest. I hear ya on that, my commute is better than my prior job, not great, but I get paid more, work less, and indoors. Good to get knowledge and see where I’d like to go from here.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
One of our tech 3's quit....and none of our tech 2's passed the test. Starts around $28-29 an hour. Right off the highway (rt59) in Aurora. Company is Daifuku, located inside Amazon facility.

Job is stupid easy, 4-10 hour days.

I am not the hiring manager, but will get you in touch with the right people. Test is based on general mechanical, some PLC, some Electrical.

send me your contact info. i have a friend that fits this that is looking

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
https://www.daifuku.com/us/company/careers/positions/elitelineservices/

Here's the listing. Because of the red tape involved with a big company, you have to go through official channels. Probably would interview with at least two people. The manager on site is Larry Green...he would be the last interview I believe. You can use me as a referral if you like, I've been promoted a few times and have a good rep here. Told my boss today there may be a few candidates coming his way from here.

You would need to test for the position. A little bit of everything...and nothing you would use here. Some electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC...etc.

It's not listed yet, but a tech 1 position is also opened up. Starts at $18 an hour. You need to know how to lift stuff, tighten bolts, and breathe. Not much skill required to start.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Tech 3 still open, will probably have a CST position open by tomorrow (starts at $29).

Only reason I know this is my boss asked me to state an example of the guy working unsafely in an email accompanying the work order it was attached to before he left for the day.

So get this...He was changing UPS batteries in a control panel. I was talking to this guy for like 20 minutes, then walked over to the panel with him. He left the panel wide open, with no barriers or caution tape the whole time. The operations stand up area was 10 feet away...what a bonehead.

Then he proceeded to install the batteries with one hand, while the other was holding a large screwdriver that he pushed against the energized contactors to steady himself. I actually told him to stop and think about what he was doing. This guy is supposed to be an electrician too...lol

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
What’s a 2 start at? Do I have to retest? What shifts are available? BHN is killing me lol

Actually what’s the address I wonder what kind of drive I’d have..

I’m sure you’ll have to retest. The 2 position is front half mids...which imo is the best shift.
I don’t know the address, but it’s off duke parkway in Aurora.

I started as a Tech 2 through Aerotek. I was making $22, but I don't know the range of pay. I got hired on after 4 months, and took the tech 3 test immediately since the pay is a big jump, took the CST test a few months after that to get the extra dollar and less work. I'm sandbagging now, but will probably take the CSL test in Spring. I don't know if it's worth it for all the extra meetings and reporting.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I’m sure you’ll have to retest. The 2 position is front half mids...which imo is the best shift.
I don’t know the address, but it’s off duke parkway in Aurora.

I started as a Tech 2 through Aerotek. I was making $22, but I don't know the range of pay. I got hired on after 4 months, and took the tech 3 test immediately since the pay is a big jump, took the CST test a few months after that to get the extra dollar and less work. I'm sandbagging now, but will probably take the CSL test in Spring. I don't know if it's worth it for all the extra meetings and reporting.

FHM definitely is the best. Got a link??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info