367.4 KB · Views: 342
  • 2018-02-06 15.41.34.jpg
    2018-02-06 15.41.34.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 315

lefty

Addict
Aug 23, 2015
Thanks Trump!

Really? That moron has absolutely nothing to do with it. If you actually look at the labor laws and other things they are trying to push through, he doesnt give a rats ass about middle class blue collar. Its due to an aging workforce and the huge push for college degrees for the past 30 years. This issue has been on the horizon since the early 2000's if not before that.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
C-card for low voltage/telecom copper and fiber work?

I know A LOT of guys that might be interested and will most likely jump on this if we can get time bridged from IBEW Local 21 (aka worst bullshit union ever). Lots of phone company splicers and linemen that want to get the hell out of here and have a more secure job (myself included).

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
been there, tried that. these days it's who you know, not what you know.

I went for the electricians local and the bricklayers.... the interview was more like I was standing trial.
applicants beware.
and
when I applied for IBEW it was a separate fee for each classification ( residential, commercial, telecom )

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Pretty much how it goes in any skilled trade, if you don’t know someone you better be damn good at professional interviews I interviewed 8 times for my current position unfortunately I didn’t know a single person that worked at the plant so I had to do 4 one on one interviews for the unit that wanted to place me in, after doing 4 interviews to be accepted into the hiring pool for the plant, fortunately I had practiced for weeks and been through the process in the past

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Typically Carpenters, Laborer's, Painters and Bricklayer Union's are not all that hard to get into... They hand out Cards like candy in a parade at least they did when I was in. And yes there are lot's of "Dumbass Hack's" who know someone high up who got them in and keep them there in all of the other Union's...

When I got in local 73 I bypassed the hall and applied at a Union shop. I did a skill's test for them as I had 7 years non union experience out of highschool in that field. They signed me as pre-apprentice for 60 days and paid me 80% of Journeyman Scale. After the 60 days period they saw my skill/knowledge and signed me @4th year & 6 months after that I was running circles around damn near all their top guys so they bumped my pay to Journeyman scale as they didn't want me to leave and wanted me to run jobsites. So I called my Business Agent and told him the situation and he wanted me to have my Journeyman's Card and pay journeyman dues vs. 4th years dues... Played out just like I wanted it to as I knew that I wanted my Journeyman's Card so I could leave and go to any shop without having loose rank/pay if there was a layoff in winter so I was happy to pay a little bit more in dues. Been out for a number of years but might make a phone call to get back in and it would be a simple phone call because now my old B.A. is the President of the Union and would easily remember me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info