WTH: 3 porter positions at Mercedes Benz of St. Charles

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I'm posting this for the dealer as I have been there for 3 years now and moving on.

Brand new facility in April 2011, place is amazing!

There are 3 porter positions open currently.

They are day shifts, 1 of them somewhere along the lines of 730-4 M-F and the second position more of a mid day/short but 6 days a week with 9-5 every sat. Third opening iirc is MTuThFS 9-5 and would be working for the sales department.

I'll try to answer questions on here or via PM, but your best bet is to go into the dealer and ask for an application and chat with the Service Manager, Steve.

They are looking for people ASAP!

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
How strict are they with driving records? for ex: i dont have any accidents or DUIs, but there is other stuff on my record

I guess it depends on what, if it was like 35+ over and was a felony or whatever I'm sure that wont fly... it all depends, I'd encourage you to come in and apply and talk to the service manager as it will be his decision in the end

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
What is pay?

Job responsibilities? I'm not familiar with a porter.

I might work my way down there tomorrow.

Pay I really don't know, I'd expect it to be at $10 an hour which is what I know the most recent hires are at

Basically move, clean, detail, drive, all of the MBs at the dealer either for new delivery or for customer pickup. Assist mechanics often, sometimes doing road tests for them.

Taking customers home/dropping them off, or picking up cars. Once in a while taking sprinter vans to outfitter places in the suburbs.

Doing customer courtesy washes as well, especially sat.

It is a fun job, I got to drive a new SLS in feb, and there are always pretty sick cars coming through the shop.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Where is this located? And would they consider little to no experience people?

225 N Randall Rd in St Charles... actually most of the people that have been hired, even myself, had no experience

Do this have any manual transmission cars?

My younger brother would be a good fit, he isn't the best at a manual trans.

Not really, once in a while a manual SLK or C class will come but but half of the people in the service department minus the mechanics cant drive a manual car anyways :rofl:

I just got back from applying there.

My name is Robert Hubbard if you have any sway or pull there and see my application.

Did you come in on your bike? If so I thought it might be you, but wasn't sure and didn't want to walk up all creep style and then be wrong haha

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
That was me. Probably not the most appropriate thing to do considering everyone else was looking pretty fancy. Hopefully that doesn't hurt me.

Do they actually drug test there or do they just say that?

:rofl: oh yes the drug test hahaha

I won't be there tmmrw but I'll send a text to the service manager and let him know that you came in and to pull your app/put it to the top for review

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
That'd be awesome. I wanted to sit down and talk to him, but obviously he wasn't there.

Yea its always nice when you need to hire 3 people and quite under staffed currently, yet he decided to take the day off... I'm not gonna lie, probably best he didnt see you in what you had on lol, then again hes a bike guy and might have understood if he noticed your bike or talked about it.

Hes usually there 730-4/430 so if you have a chance either friday or monday, call to make sure hes there and come back in if you want to talk with him

clint282cc

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2011
Worked at a dealer as a oil change bitch/porter for awhile.
Also worked for an auto.accessory shop which required me to drive at least 2 brand new cars from high end dealers daily for 2 years. I have a C licence, been a professional driver since I was 16 for a trucking company. I have good references and can provide a resume.... Still hiring?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info