Need traffic LAWYER!!!

Da Dark Jedi

Oct 19, 2009
Hello all, yesterday @ 8:50am I was driving South bound on South Shore drive in a rental car. I get on at the MSI which is 55th Street, a CPD was sitting roght at the sign that had a 35mph speed sign. Before I go further I will say I don't behave in a RECKLESS manner driving! I see the cop ablock ahead so I slow down, he pulls up behind me and motions forme to turn right. I hit the turn signal for the right turn, now I will get to the point.

He ask for the Insurance card which I give him the paperwork and whats in the glove compartment. He looks things over and says "This is not Insurance, besides this is not your name". No the paper work is in the wifes name since she used her CC, besides Enterprise said since I'm the husband I'm LEGALLY covered. So I get one for driving without Ins. The second one is for speeding 70 in a 35 NO WAY. The third is for improper lane change "no turn signal", with him behind me no strobe on, I know I use the turn signal when he motion me to pull over. For some that does not use South Shore drive this strech of highway from the the Museum of Science and Indusrty south to 63rd street is only six blocks long with turns and two blocks straight, then a stop light, now thats the end.

Anybody know a good LAWYER. I will say the cop is LYING.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I KNOW HE IS lying, Chicago Cops are the worst at this, and the balls they have in doing so, it's as if he knows you and just wants to screw you around, you better get a lawyer, he'll get you off of all of them and you can snicker at the ASSHOLE as you walk out a free man, al beit a little out some cash, but screw that PIG!

My comments about KNOWING the COP did this on purpose is beacuse I used to sit snd drink with my Father where a bunch of cops drank also.

You did something to spark his hatred of civilians and he nailed you knowing the judge will take his word over yours no MATTER how much you scream. GET A LAWYER, there are still plenty of them that can keep you outside while they get called FIRST and you get off and it's over in 5 min.,

It's just unFKG real how crooked the Chicaog Traffic court is. it's sad is what it is, they just rob the city's people, it's horrible.

Da Dark Jedi

Oct 19, 2009
Just came back from the location.. From the point which I got on the drive was 57th street, the sign (35) was posted one block in front of where the cop was sitting, at 63rd Street. There is no speed zone sign posted going southbound except for the one mentioned. Now going North there's a sign posted every block that indicates a 35 zone not south.

The rental car has Kentucky plates not Illinois. So I called Enterprise and they say I have full coverage on it, the paper work they gave me says so. No good the cop says it not a "valid Ins card", so I get a ticket for operating a vehicle with out Ins. I just found out the when CPD turns on the strobe lights the camera starts rolling. when the cop motion for me to pull over I used the right turn signal, he did not turn on his lihgts until after we was parked. So now there is his word against mine about the ticket for Improper lane useage. Three tickets in six blocks.

I'll take the Marauder to the same location to see if it will do 70 (I'll use the radar detector also). I didn't know a base rental Dodge Charger could do that type of speed on a two lane curve highway? Thats one fast car or I just don't give a hoot about my life. Never had a speeding ticket in 11 years now this.

I guess this is the start of making up $190 million police budget cut backs!

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
I work for National/Alamo, and Enterprise owns my company, so we follow all of their policies. Since youre married, you are automatically covered by everything that your wife is. The insurance that is glued to the glove box in the rental cars (we share all of our cars with the Enterprise fleet, so they're all the same). It states directly in the insurance stuff that the car is a rental car. I see this all of the time at work. When the cops pull the plate up, they know its a rental car, and they still harass the driver. I had a customer the other day get pulled over for no front plate. The car had Florida plates on it, in Florida, you are not required to have front plates, yet the cop still issued the customer a ticket. The cops also keep issuing our cars for city stickers, even though we have a CONTRACT with the city that our cars are not supposed to be ticketed, even if the sticker is expired. I had one cop go as far as issuing the customer a ticket for a brake light out, and he even wrote the ticket in the customers name, despite the car being registered to us. Chicago cops fuck with rental cars all the time.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Sorry to hear about the ticket, but I am not surprised.

I continue to stay out of downtown Chicago as much as possible. Don't know who is worse, the Cops or the Criminals (including city govt).

They can take Navy Pier, museums, over priced public parking, parking meters, overpriced shopping areas and resaurants and shove them up their ass.

The burbs have everything we need.

Da Dark Jedi

Oct 19, 2009
I found a Lawyer thru the Chicago Bar Assoc. (thanks to 1Bad Merc), explained to him in detail the event. He was more surprised at the number of tickets issued and why the dash cam was not recording the event from the radar read-out, said "The cop should have turned it on". Because of the speed infraction this is not a city ticket anymore but a state ticket ( class 1 misdemeanor ) punishable up to 1 year jail time. The Lawyer also ask a series of questions about my driving history over the last 10 years. He agreed to handle the case.

Da Dark Jedi

Oct 19, 2009
Thursday was my court day for "Excessive speed" (70 in 35mph), well Brad suggested that I call Chicago Bar Association for help. I did and had three referals, two were priced a little high but I found one where the price was right for me. The city (Chicago) is trying to be fair in these times. What the city does is fine you or you pay court cost either way you'll pay the system. Times are rough for everyone (the city also ask when can you pay), I've seen seniors in court for driving without Insurance fine ($260), running a stop sign ($160). I figured that I'm gonna pay one way or another, well my turn came and it was kicked upstairs, because of the excessive speed (which I was warned) this happen. Well the Judge as he took his seat said "This court is for FELONY cases, if you don't have a Lawyer I recommend that you get one" well thanks to Brad I had one.

My Lawyer begins talking immediately with the States Attorney, after that we both go into the hall. These are my options ALL charges would be dropped and I pay court cost, I can try to fight the speeding ticket but because it's radar that will be hard to beat. Well I took the court cost and now begins the next story. Now I go before the Judge to answer a series of questions regarding my Guilty Plea, man that was hard to do.

Well now I ask to see what it costing me. I can now say, I'm paying for everything and employee in the goverment. Total $340.00 court cost, and this will not show on my driving record. I think what also helped my case was NO VIOLATIONS or Suspensions in over 10 years. So anybody in Chicago that needs a reasonably price Lawyer PM me.

Thanks 1Badmerc (Brad)!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info