Who wants a sidejob?

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
LOL at ongoing stupidity.

When you spend all that money to have the engine opened up, and find the cylinder wall scored (potentially, not definitely) then what?
You got money for a rebuild? (machine shop, new pistons, rings, bearings, valve job, gaskets???? You have that covered right?, because whomever's garage you take it to will kick it out of the shop or charge storage fees while you find the money.

Absolutely unreal.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
When you have a detonation 'event' which leads to your current scenario, it almost always crushes the piston top so that the first piston ring can no longer move in its slot.

If a piston ring cant move, then it eats way at the sleeve in the cylinder.

But hey,, what do I know?

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
LOL at ongoing stupidity.

When you spend all that money to have the engine opened up, and find the cylinder wall scored (potentially, not definitely) then what?
You got money for a rebuild? (machine shop, new pistons, rings, bearings, valve job, gaskets???? You have that covered right?, because whomever's garage you take it to will kick it out of the shop or charge storage fees while you find the money.

Absolutely unreal.

I sold some stuff Zack, I have the cash. I didn't know the last part of your post about how I probably damaged the block itself.

Yes I was fully aware of everything except the block.

Wonderful. This keeps getting better.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Price a replacement crate motor or maybe a used motor from a trusted party. The crate motors are almost always the least expensive option. If there is serious damage as Zack logically suggests, it's usually easier/cheaper to yank and replace a motor than rebuild it.

Ive been telling him this for years.... seriously... years.

He just sold a 3500 mile Cobra shortblock. :rolleyes:

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Ive been telling him this for years.... seriously... years.

He just sold a 3500 mile Cobra shortblock. :rolleyes:

Yes last year and this year... I guess you could say years.

When I found out 2K+ was needed to get he short block working at that point I said screw it. Plus tickets needed to be paid off because I lost my hiding spot. So sell the engine to keep the car around or get it booted and taken away what would you do?

So if I was aware that the block had damage I wouldn't have posted this. You have yet again taught me a lesion in a way that would piss most people off. Not me.

Thanks again for casting light on something, when I thought I had a clear picture.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
If you need a shortblock for your car, i will have my stock short block out soon. its out of the '01 cobra and factory replacement with 12k on it. Its a 100% good motor, just going built. I could also do the job for you, but im about a month out right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info