Have a hook-up on paint protection/rust proofing/scotch guarding

sleepercobra

Regular
Aug 14, 2009
Rust proofing an e-coated car is the dumbest thing you can do to a new car. Well besides paying someone 350.00 to spray a can of scotchguard on your seats they payed 5 bucks at Pepboys for. All BS total dealership profit.

Anyone that pays for these "services" is a complete rollover.

lol, im not here to rip anyone off. Im just letting people in on something that dealerships rip people off on for less then 1/4 of their cost. i guess my thread is worthless for something you can do for less then $50 in your own garage....

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Rust proofing an e-coated car is the dumbest thing you can do to a new car. Well besides paying someone 350.00 to spray a can of scotchguard on your seats they payed 5 bucks at Pepboys for. All BS total dealership profit.

+1, i didn't want to say anything, but yes all newer cars come from the factory with a process that does not allow rust to form like on grampa's '81 cadi. I hate all the customers that get their cars under coated, sucks to change anything under without getting tar crap all over.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
lol, im not here to rip anyone off. Im just letting people in on something that dealerships rip people off on for less then 1/4 of their cost. i guess my thread is worthless for something you can do for less then $50 in your own garage....

Don't take it personal, were not trying to knock you for posting up the hookup. people that have older cars can still use this process, and people who don't feel like doing it can get a better price on it. :biggthump

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Lol it's a little more for s&s to due a pkg A

not true, it is the same everywhere. the core cost is under 50 dollars. they charge more if you want the warranties included which are worthless anyways and then i think the cost goes up to a hundred or something. This product is garbage and is a total waste of money. better having a site sponsor do a detail with a good paint sealant for a third less.

We prefer to call them "lay downs" kthkbye...

what dealer you work at? employee pricing at the dealer i use to work for was $150

Employee pricing is not dealer cost, there is markup in there greenpea...

I could be completely wrong here, but I do large correction details for a couple dealers in the area, and I saw them applying this rust proofing sealant agent to a vehicle while I was doing a detail, and it looked like a normal sealant to me (which lasts about 4 months at the most). Application of the stuff seemed like a normal wax job, except the guy that was doing them just wiped the product off right after he put it on....

Rafal

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info