• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

High Compresion on Pump Gas?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
i run 93 on 10.75:1 with iron heads/iron block but had to pull a few degree's of timing cause i was seeing some knock.

i would think anything over 11 may be a bit too much but you may get away with a bit more due to aluminum heads/block. i'm sure someone on ls1tech would be able to help you out. maybe email texas speed or speedinc.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
What is the stock compression? 10:1? I wouldnt go past 11:1 if that is the case. Just a little jump in compression isnt going to give you much for horsepower anyways. You can run 11:1 on pump gas for sure. Its all in the tune, as Im sure you have heard. Keep in mind that you may end up getting some bad gas in your car at some point. It would be a shame to lose a motor to something like that. Keep it on the conservative side for raising compression to leave some room for error in the tune and anything else you may happen to run into.

B

Bad00SS

when i looked into it it seemed the max was 12.2:1 could be street drivin. no full throttle runs prolly. you'd have to run straight 110 or a 50/50 mix to race it. but its possible to cruise it on 93. i have heard of some 11.7:1 or so LS1's tuned on 93 pump gas and they work just fine at the track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info