• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Building my 1st LS1/6

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
Well,I've decided to build a motor for the SS, it's not gonna be anything done tomorrow, or a month from now, or even this year.It's gonna be a budget build.

All I have right now is a damn near brand new LS6 block and goals(My goals being 450-470 RWHP, able to spin 7K rpm's). I'm gonna do this with damn near no parts off my car, that a way I can keep a number's matching car, the only thing I might use would be the stock intake/tb. I would also like to use as many GM parts as possible, besides the cam of course, and I was thinking about using the MS3 from Texas Speed as my cam( Kinda doubting everything Texas Speed puts out after reading bad things from them). Not sure If I wanna stroke her or leave it at stock small cubes, if a 383 could be build reliably and decently priced I might go that route.

I was also thinking a little bit high compression (11, or 11.5:1) but not sure on what heads I wanna go with.

Anyone have any idea's to help me out?

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
eh, nevermind. The bore is too small for the l92 heads. Maybe go with a CNC porting job on some stock heads, new springs, mill them to bump the compression, and get a cam custom spec'd to what you want. Good power but still has some street manners. A little bit of laughing gas can always help you out in the power department too. If you have never driven a car or even rode in a car with the juice, I suggest you try it out.

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
243 Casting heads are good if you want 7k RPMS I'd look into the MS4 or the T-Rex from thunder racing, but your best bet is just pay the little extra for a custom ground to get exactly what you are looking for. Your HP goals are in reach but not cam/bolt-ons only you would deftinally need to do some heads, and if your a 6-speed you'll hit those number stock cubes but not if your A4. Best of luck to you and if you have questions feel free to PM me I'm on my 4th LS vehicle personally and done oodles of others.

BluBeaSSt

TCG Elite Member
May 29, 2007
Kansas City Mo
243 Casting heads are good if you want 7k RPMS I'd look into the MS4 or the T-Rex from thunder racing, but your best bet is just pay the little extra for a custom ground to get exactly what you are looking for. Your HP goals are in reach but not cam/bolt-ons only you would deftinally need to do some heads, and if your a 6-speed you'll hit those number stock cubes but not if your A4. Best of luck to you and if you have questions feel free to PM me I'm on my 4th LS vehicle personally and done oodles of others.

See I was told on Tech the MS4 would be to big for the 243 casting?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm picking up some stock 863 Casting 5.3 heads tomarrow, a stock 5.3 crank and a front cover for 100 bucks.

I believe i'm gonna run a TR224 Cam or something of that size, get some forged rods/pistons and have fun.

Also 150 wet shot

I've been saying spray that thing since when you first picked it up.

You: "naw, naw"

Yeah, that's right. Spray it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info