• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What clutch are you running?

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
What are your plans for it? Hard launches? Spray? Drive it a lot?
If you just plan on keeping it motor only with nothing crazy I would say ls7

Street and track use with slicks and drag radials. Not interested in ls7 as I have read they are not good for hard launches. Car is not a daily driver but I dont want a clutch that is going to chatter my teeth out.

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
I have done a lot of research and appearently centerforce has made quite the come back compaired to their clutches of 06 and older. The are on the cheaper end but I like that they are a full disk. I have also been looking at spec stage 2/2+

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
well count Centerforce out, shit it rough for a DD or even cruising IMO. I had it in my first T/A and it was very tight although that was 6yrs ago now :rofl:

Then I bought this dudes TA, then sold it and some guy that went turbo. He ran the same centerforce clutch for a season before he went auto.

What about a LS6 clutch? Or can LS7/LS9 work in a Fbody?

Id say install install a tick master cylinder with remote bleeder at the same time. I have a buddy that swings HARD from those.

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
centerforce and spec are garbage in my opinion, they dont last long and they chatter like you wont believe. i have a ls7 in mine and it does fine for the street but on hard launches with a tire is slips. If i were you id go with with a mcleod rst. they drive very close to stock and can handle a ton of power, thats the next thing on my mod list.

Wrencher

Regular
Sep 11, 2011
I run a McLeod street twin.
More clutch dump launches 5k+ on slicks than I can remember.
The RST is a diaphram spring pressure plate.
The street twin is a coil spring pressure plate.
It seems to hold up much better IMO.

The only complaint really is it's a a small window of engagement.
It's near on off.
That & twin disc's are known to cause more input shaft spline wear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info