• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Camshaft recommendations

I am close to choosing a cam but need some help with the nailing down to one cam profile. Here is what I have to choose from

First, recommended by Patrick G to go with the heads (these will be ported/polished, valve job and milled .030")
222/226 .597”/.605” 115LSA +3 advance (with 1.7 ratio rockers)
Comp EPS/LXL lobes 54-000-11 3 bolt cam core
13116R/13158R HR115LSA +3 advance (112 installed intake centerline)

Second, recommended by the guy who will be doing the headwork.
223/227 .610/.617 113+1

Third, stage one Livernois cam and is pretty close to the SC2 blower cam.
224/230 .581/.595 114 LSA.

I know this will depend heavily on what my future plans are and that will include a D1SC pro charger but that is a long ways off. Keep in mind that I am keeping the stock heads for when I put the D1SC on so I am porting a spare set of LS3 heads.

All recommendations are welcome and thanks in advance for any advice.

He still has one and I have seen others who are running more aggressive cam profiles and putting out good HP. That profile is causing me to sacrifice some torque since the exhaust valve opens at 51 degrees BBDC vice maybe having a 43.5 degrees BBDC. My question is, is the most efficient intake vs exhaust duration occur when they are matched i.e. 225/225 as opposed to it being offset most of the time?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info