• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

12 bolt -Vs- 9" -Vs- S60

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
Ok it is getting close to time to order the Beefy rear end for the Turd.
Thus far I have been leaning to the Dana S60 W/ 35 spline spool, 4.10 street gears, standard 1350 pinion yoke, stock backing plates and no abs.

the reason I have been leaning this way is from what I have read it is plenty strong enough and quieter than the 12 bolt or 9". Is there anything I am missing or should know?

also will I need a custom drive shaft if I get the "U-Joint Conversion"? if so should I just go with a strange or is there a better option?

I also plan on picking up some 15" rims for the Hoosiers I acquired and maybe a line lock/ abs delete and a launch control. dose anyone offer discounts for larger purchases? I am obviously going to be looking for deals on used stuff but am not completely against buying new if I can get a deal or just cant find any quality used parts

Thanks in advance

Boostie

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Not sure who would offer package deals but I love my S60 with 4.10's. Not much noise either. Seems to be very well built and I still have my abs and traction control. Strange is local to the chicagoland so maybe call them up and see if they can give you a discount if you pick it up from them?

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
you would break a 12 bolt with you being a 6 speed. S60 all the way. cheaper, less drivetrain loss and stronger. i couldnt be happier, i beat the hell out of my s60 and its fine. im sure youre making a little more power than with me with your heads but it will be fine. they are supposed to handle 1200 rwhp with a spool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info