• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

sick 1967 ls1 powered nova.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
this thing is fucking perfect. 12.2s at 119 would be fun also.

check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Nova...9620028?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1c1f9f553c

967 Chevy II ~ Nova
Offered up for auction for the first time ever. This little duece is like nothing you've seen before. Something that no one expects and no one will soon forget. Concieved to be "the total sleeper". Nothing on the outside of the car or the interior except for the gauges could possible prepare you for whats under the sheeps clothing, An angry wolf ready to pounce. Look at all the pictures and judge for yourself. The craftsmanship is second to none. The attention to detail is impeckable, right down to the correct stickers in all the correct locations. Complete restoration that took over 2 years to complete. Every nut and bolt replaced, All new chrome, new glass, complete correct interior. Modern convieninces such as power rack and pinion steering, Air conditioning, mustang2 suspension, corvette disc brakes, and most important of all the 405 horsepower LS1 powertain coupled with a 4L60E transmission and a bulletproof 67 Nova SS 12 bolt rear end!!!
Originally started in 2008 as an idea that I saw done to another car. I wanted to take it a step further and create a car that someone could mistake for a vehicle that grandma would be driving but still have the heart of a modern corvette. I located the car in Green bay WI. It was rust free and only missing the front clip sheet metal. The car still to this day wears its original sheet metal, 1/4 panels, rockers, trunk floor, doors, and roof are all from 1967. A new interior from year one was installed but kept simple just like it should have been on the car from the factory. No power windows or power seats, even has the radio delete option. The gauge cluster is from Dakota digital, custom made for this car (sent the orig bezel to them and had it outfitted with digital LS1 hardware). Residing in the glovebox is a new AM/FM/CD/MP3 player with remote control and the original OBD computer hook up for talking to the ECM if needed. Four speakers provide great sound being located in both doors as well as the back shelf.
The outside of the car is where it really shines (YES, pun intended, LOL). Painted in the correct factory 1967 color of artesian turquoise, but using state of the art painting processes, Base coat clear coat. All chrome on the car is either new or replated. Any stainless has been brought back to factory quality and 5 out of 6 peices of glass replaced. Nobody makes the back glass new and nothing I found used met my standards for this car therefore it was polished and reused. All emblems, bezels, and grill are perfect. Correct factory stickers reside in the correct locations in the trunk, door jamb, and rear window.
At the heart of this beast is a 405 horsepower, all aluminium LS1 taken from a 2002 Corvette. All stock with the exception of a reflash of the ECM to delete emission regulations, MPH limitations, and options that the corvette had but the nova does not. i.e. cruise control, 4 oxygen sensors instead of two, and other non essentials. The entire fornt subframe is from TCI and includes tubular suspension arms, coil over shocks, and 13 inch corvette disc brakes. The trans mission is a 4L60E automatice taken from the same corvette. The computerized transmission is controlled by a standard column shift as to keep the interior of the car clean. The rear end of the car is a bulletproof 12 bolt made for the SS version of this car. It is filled with strange circle track axles and a moser center section with 3.55/1 gears. All fuel lines, A/C hoses, and heater hoses are hidden out of site. The A/C compressor and alternator have been relocated to lower positions on the block to keep the clean look under the hood. The company that reflashed the computer also performed a few dyno pulls to make sure the car still performed well and it did flawlessly pulling smoothly from 0-6500 RPM's and producing 317HP at the rear tires. The car has been to the drag srip quite a few times and has a best of 12.29 @ 119 mph. Not too bad for a 2002 "unmodified" motor in a car built 35 years before it.
In conclusion, this car was built with quality and craftsmanship in mind and at no point were any corners cut or pennies pinched. Drivability and Top of the line show car standards are what this car is all about!! The only show the car has been to since it was finished was the 2009 super chevy show in Joliet IL. It took first place in the 66-67 nova catogory, Best in class and best in show for all Nova's overall (two trophies and a gold jacket).
My reserve price is set thousands lower than the "buy it now" price!!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Yaj Yak
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list