• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

port LS6 intake & TB on heads/cam LS1 ???

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
Just to get fellow members ideas, experience, thoughts, etc.

Car= C5 vette. Motor= 346ci LS1 w/ stage 2.5 cnc ported heads (31x cfm @.600, cam (231/234), LT headers, full exhaust, 85mm maf. Car makes 420+whp with stock 75mm maf, stock C5 catback and stock LS6 intake.

My dilemma= to fully port LS6 intake, or not to port LS6 intake ??? That is the question.
(*TB getting ported). (**Don't really want to spend approx. $1k on FAST set-up and also prefer to keep stock underhood look). (***If I to spend $1k+, its on a 150 wet kit to smoke your ass ;-) hehe).

Pillion88

Regular
Nov 5, 2010
Naperville
Real Name
Justin Pillion
I'll be doing a stage 2 port on my ls2 intake. I also cant see spending 1K on an intake and 500 on a TB that I can almost recreate in 6 hours for free. I also have a 150 wet shot on the gto I'd say its money better spent. Especially since your ls6 intake flows like a champ un ported.

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL

Car= C5 vette. Motor= 346ci LS1 w/ stage 2.5 cnc ported heads (31x cfm @.600, cam (231/234), LT headers, full exhaust, 85mm maf. Car makes 420+whp with stock 75mm maf, stock C5 catback and stock LS6 intake.

My dilemma= to fully port LS6 intake, or not to port LS6 intake ??? That is the question.
(*TB getting ported). (**Don't really want to spend approx. $1k on FAST set-up and also prefer to keep stock underhood look). (***If I to spend $1k+, its on a 150 wet kit to smoke your ass ;-) hehe).

Lol... Not to be a dick, really, but what part of my original post did you not understand or read? The "Fast 92" post was just funny.

redevo58

Regular
Apr 3, 2010

If you want to keep the stock under hood look, a nitrous kit is going to be quite obivious unless you go with a well hidden dry shot.

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
Lingenfelter makes a ls6 intake with a 90mm ls2 snout on it if you send them yours is like 350. But just port the tb and get a kit if that's too much money
Cool you bring that up, I wasn't aware of that Lingenfelter LS6 intake w/ 90mm snout. What would you think would flow better or have better results on a heads/cam motor, the LS6 intake with 90mm TB or a fully ported LS6 intake with ported 78mm TB?
Also just for comparison; Lingenfelter 90mm LS6 manifold = $350 + exchange, and add the purchase of a 90mm TB. Ported LS6 intake and ported/polished 78mm TB= $330.

Anyone. The whole thing with the Fast intake is that I'm just not interested in spending about $1k for 25hp give or take, over a ported LS6 intake. I'm only contemplating porting the LS6 intake and TB that I already have because it's fairly inexpensive and has been proven to have decent gains over stock.

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
It was a joke dude, chill out. Forgot I posted in here. Lingerfelter LS6 intake is going to be your best bet. Nitrous is going to blow that whole "stock" look unless you do a small dry shot with the nozzle inside the filter, the solenoids hiding somewhere, and the bottle up under the body in the rear somewhere.

How was I suppose to know :doh:
If I do nitrous, that's when I say, "the hell with the stock look".

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
The exact reason I went with GM LS3 heads and not "as-cast" AFRs or Patriots or something. Unless you know the casting number(or even know to look at the casting number), it looks bone stock except for the longtubes.

Oh yeah. If I had a 4" bore, I definately would have gone with an LS3 top end. Good pickings my friend :bigthumb:
Same thing with my heads. If someone looks and knows where to find the casting number, they'll see the letters PRC. Thats the only thing that gives them away.

redevo58

Regular
Apr 3, 2010
Oh yeah. If I had a 4" bore, I definately would have gone with an LS3 top end. Good pickings my friend :bigthumb:
Same thing with my heads. If someone looks and knows where to find the casting number, they'll see the letters PRC. Thats the only thing that gives them away.

I have heard that porting an ls6 intake manifold will not show any gains at all. If you want to stick with the sleeper look get a fast 92/92 shave the lettering and have it painted black. If these are the same people who will not bother with looking at the casting #s on the heads they are not going to notice the difference of the size of the intake manifold.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
I have heard that porting an ls6 intake manifold will not show any gains at all. If you want to stick with the sleeper look get a fast 92/92 shave the lettering and have it painted black. If these are the same people who will not bother with looking at the casting #s on the heads they are not going to notice the difference of the size of the intake manifold.

A fast 92 intake and tb combo is still going to cost $1200+

Pro Stock John

LS is the best engine
TCG Premium
Sep 20, 2011
Chicago North Side
I have FAST 90 or 92 NIB at home, I'd cut a deal on it if someone was interested just PM me.

My 2000 Z/28 went 10.92@123 with a 348ci.

LS2 intake
4800 stall
3300 raceweight
shift at 7k
240/244 Vengeance cam
TFS 215's milled to hit 11:1 with my flattops
1.75 long tubes
4.10 gear
28 slick
1.48 short

...and 10.00@133 on a 150 shot did 1.38 short.

I swapped to FAST 92 and it went 10.7@125 with new owner.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info