• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

which brand?

Fast Motorsports

Northside Badboy
Oct 16, 2008
If you have a full weight car and only a 3.73 gear we would suggest not going with such a large cam. Your gonna kill a ton of low end torque and its not going to be as fun to drive day to day. You could get similar HP results with much better torque and therefore better track times with a slightly smaller camshaft.

As far as parts go. We normally use the GMPP ported oil pump unless the customer requests a melling pump. Our cam packages include the HD LS2 timing chain. Oil pump seal you should switch to the orange seal from GM instead of the stock blue seal.

Let us know if we can help further

Fast Motorsports

Northside Badboy
Oct 16, 2008
Even being a weekend cruiser or a drag car its not setup well for a cam that makes huge peak numbers. Average numbers would be better suited for you. If you had a 4.10 gear and 2-300lbs taken out you would be better off.

MS4 cam specs: 239/242, .649"/.609", 111 LSA

Something a little better suited:

Mildly aggressive: 226/234 60x/60x 113
More aggressive: 230/233 60x/60x 112
Most aggressive: 234/238 60x/60x 112

Those are approx numbers to give you ball park ideas.

For conversation those cams wont make the same peak HP numbers but will have more TQ under the curve and drive a ton better. They will all still carry to 6400+ rpms yet have more low end to get the car moving better.

Let us know if we can help you with a complete package

Fast Motorsports

Northside Badboy
Oct 16, 2008
Did get our response? Just making sure.

We have seen many get caught up in dyno races and peak HP numbers but when we are given the chance to grind something suited for the customer they end up 100% more satisfied. We just did a local GTO that was going road course racing. They wanted something similar to the MS3 or the G5X3 type cam based on what they read on the net. We also found out that its more of a short course with very little straightaways. Well we went back to a 226/228 type cam to still keep the massive torque band to get the 4klb car out of the corners yet will still pull hard to 6300+. Car put down within 5hp of what they read on the net the larger cams would but at some points had 40ftlbs more torque than other larger cam cars. Needless to say that car is a blast to drive

R6cowboy

Captain Motivation
Sep 28, 2011
Mendota IL
Custom is the best way to go. I ended up going with a TSP Torquer V3 cam with stg2.5 ported PRC heads on 346ci LS1. The torquer v3 is a nice cam (231/234 dur, .642/.598 lift, 112lsa) but I'll be going back to my original plan of getting a custom cam. I didn't go custom at the time because I wasn't exactly sure of my setup. You want to build a cam around your eingine, not build the engine around your cam, if you know what I mean. Its usually good to get heads at the same time or before the cam.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• rude_mach
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list