• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Any of you M6 guys regularly change the clutch fluid?

utryd2

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 3, 2009
North Aurora
You never get 100% of the fluid changed that way but it works good enough. You will have to do it often if you romp on it.

If you ever pull the torque tube get a bleeder. They are cheap but bolt onto the slave, so a lot of work to install. It will get 100% of the fluid changed though.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
speed bleeder ftw. makes it so easy. heres what mine looked like last time i flushed it. I had kind of ignored it for awhile. Now i make sure to check it any time im under the hood.

2011-04-16174806.jpg

Wrencher

Regular
Sep 11, 2011
I change it out twice a year now at least.
I had to do it much more when I was at the strip every other weekend.
I just note the color mostly & change it when it starts to get dark.

Speed bleeder lines are nice.
Ranger's method works but a full bleed is better.
Mity-vac works , I like power bleeders even more.

Wrencher

Regular
Sep 11, 2011
If it's a mid 01 & up or it's been rebuilt the trans will have carbon lined blocker rings.
They are more tolerant of differing fluids.
On the extreme use end most like to use a redline D4.
Dex 6 is a little lighter viscosity. It will work but the ATF 3's, dex 3 etc will work better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info