• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

thinking about cai and exhaust on the trailblazer

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Most exhaust work on Trailblazers give you minimal gains at best, if you want better sound do the exhaust work otherwise a tune, CAI and efans will help the most with making it a little peppier. My mpg's actually went down a bit with fans, intake and a retune but I have the 6.0.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
the 5.3 would gain a lot from a tune! I didn't think about putting the e-fans on. Those 3 (e-fans, cai, tune) would show a lot of improvement. Then later on put on some exhaust. If you wanted some sound for the time being, invest in just a drop in muffler till you can afford the catback/header setup. That's all I did :D

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
def go with the tune, no matter what you do.

mail order tuning has its places...emissions deletes, basic startup tunes, trans tunes etc...

but if you are wanting to get personal, private, custom calibration on your truck, nothing is going to help like an actual in person tune..street or dyno.

remember, a dyno doesn't make your car go any faster, its just a tool for tuning, makes it easier to hit every possible map/rpm combo, to cover every variable without having to worry about traffic, or traffic laws.

i say you invest in a tuning software for yourself.

its fun.

minus all the numbers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info