• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Car cranks but no spark or injector pulse

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Hi all, we are trying to start up the t/a and are having spark and injector pulse issues. The car cranks fine, but there is no spark and it seems as though the injectors aren't spraying either. We tested the power off of the coil pack connecters and they are showing that we are getting 12v so I dont think it's a grounding issue. Also the fuel rail mechanical gauge is showing that we are getting 50+ Psi so I know fuel is getting there. I can here the fuel pump kick in. It just doesn't spray. What do you guys think it could be? I'm thinking maybe cam or crankshaft position sensors so we might switch those out. Any ideas?

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
WELL...got it started....dont know wtf i did, rechecked all my connections, unplugged shit, plugged it back in, ran a jumper from my gtp to the t/a and let it run to charge the batt up...and before it cranked like it had the power to fire, but didnt fire...
for no reason at all..it fired right up and had started every time since..id try getting a charger on yours for a while and try again.

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
problem solved..sorry didnt mean to "thread hijack" or anything, just posting about similar problems..

SOMEHOW one of the eyelets for a heavy duty pcm ground broke off, dont know if it was brittle or what, but i forsure bolted it on when re assembling..upon rechecking the ground today back there it was broken off...

fixed that ground, cleaned the mating surface up..car starts on its own power! w0oh0o

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info