• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Painted my drag wheels at work last night!

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Unfortunately for the TBSS community there are very few options for smaller sized wheels to use for drag radials/slicks without getting something custom made. We use a goofy ass bolt pattern that is proprietary to GM's GMT360 platform that the envoy, rainier, trailblazer, 9-7x, bravada, and ascender. A lot of guys rock a pair of TBSS spare wheels at the track, which are ugly and heavy ass (28lbs) steelies. We can fit as small as a 16" wheel out back so i took a shot at buying some alloy spares from an older trailblazer and they fit great, no issues with brake clearance! Oh, and they are 17lbs only too!

At work last night I painted a pinstripe around the lip and shot the whole face of the wheel with black again because there was some corrosion showing through the paint. FYI, laying a pinstripe SUCKS ASS! They turned out really nice though, and they match my 20's!

2zdwzu9.jpg

2m4pvko.jpg

Fed Ex has my DRs out for delivery on their truck right now too
:jg:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info