• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

4.8 starts then dies

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Hey, I am having some trouble keeping my 4.8 running on the stand. Every time I start it, it runs for 3-5 seconds and then shuts off. The only sensors I don't have hooked up are the front o2 sensors. I have tried starting it without the maf plugged in and this made no change. Any ideas or suggestions you have would be appreciated! Quick run down of my set up:

Ls1 intake, injectors, and throttle body
Ecu and harness from 02 fbody. Harness is modified to be stand alone
Vats, egr, evap, low oil, and ac tuned out of ecu
Speed inc. 4.8 base tune

Here is a vid of what its doing when I try to start it. You can hear it running normally and then it just cuts out. I am leaning towards an issue with the tune. I'm bringing the ecu back to speed inc monday so they can double check everything. Don't mind the hose nozzle plugging the egr hole lol. Its all I could find on short notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDFkOca7B_c&feature=player_embedded

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info