• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which flexplate?

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Hey, I am having some trouble figuring out which flexplate I need to run for my lsx swap. I have a 2007 4.8 LR4 from a chevy express van that is being bolted to a 2002 4l60e with the stock 3 bolt torque converter from an ls1 camaro.

I am pretty sure this engine had a 4l80e behind it originally. The flexplate I have tried is the one that came with the 4.8. It is flat and has 6 bolt holes. Any suggestions you guys have would help out a lot. I can get pics of my setup if that would help.

HILROD

TCG Elite Member
Oct 22, 2007
ELGIN
It depends if the spacing is right front to back. Also the 4l80's used 6 bolt torque converters. If the spacing is right the Camaro flexplate should work. If the spacing is not enough, try pulling the flexplate bolts and see it they are real long. If they are you should have a spacer behind the flexplate. If there is a big gap you'll need the spacer and long bolts.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Yea then the flexplate I have is for a 4l80e. That is the only one I have right now. So I will have to order a new one, just don't want to order the wrong part.

Here are a couple pics I took. I am almost positive that the crank I have has the spacer built into it, but I could be wrong.

IMG-20110710-00134.jpg

IMG-20110710-00133.jpg

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
yep, was there a spacer that came off on the flywheel? That is an 80e flex plate, does the guy still have the trans and torque converter? I need that one bc it stalls higher than the truck ones :D

but anyway, as long as the spacer came off just get yourself a 60e flexplate and your good.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
ok, here is the 6.0 I put in w/the short crank. I can't seem to find a pic of the spacer

IMG00123-20100314-1405.jpg

and here is one of the '00 6.0 I had w/the longer crank

6-12.jpg

I have the 4.8/60e flywheel if your interested. PM me

I'll try to pull the flex plate off tomorrow and take a pic to see if its the same as yours

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
i'll post them in here to so you can compare cranks. To me it looks like you do have a longer crank bc of the 80e mounted behind it :( I don't know what solution there is to fix it so a 60e would fit. For those early LQ4's that had the longer cranks, you earlier replaced the crank for a shorter one or just run the 80e. For the later ones, you just removed the spacer, put on your 60e flexplate, and your good to go.

It may be the same for you

DSCN1688.jpg

DSCN1687.jpg

DSCN1686.jpg

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
Man I have no idea. Mine seems like it is right between the extended crank and the short crank. I am not sure if this engine originally had a spacer or not. I ordered the flexplate I had from rock auto not realizing it was for a 4l80e. It did come with a spacer though. Just shipped it back to them today.

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
It was nice meeting you, lmk how the fitment goes.

And start a build thread, lol

Yea nice meeting you too. It fits perfectly! Should have no problems running this flexplate. The rear main seal must have been the difference. Thanks again! Btw your truck sounds awesome

Haha I'll start one eventually.. Still need to move a lot of parts over to the shop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info