• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

What did I break this time?

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
the trans is making a unhappy sound when it is not under load. clutch in, clutch out, in gear, out of gear. don't matter but it does not make the sound when it is under load.. it changes pitch when I move the shifter into a gear. it kinda sounds like a fast spinning bearing if you know what I mean...

I got a shitty video you can kinda hear it but its hard over all the other loud ass noises my car makes lol

you can hear me go on and off of the gas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2FXTnTfGmg

throw out bearing maybe? synchros? fucked trans?

I noticed the sound after my third pass.. I was half way into my burnout in the box when the dude shut me down cuz the car in front of me left some parts on the track. I then did a second burn out the tires seemed to start to stick so I let off. launched like usual and spun quit a bit and nothing unusual until I noticed the sound coming back to the staging lanes. it drives fine just makes the noise when not under load.

I put the car in the garage until I have some time to pull it apart again..

the trans is a Dr. Evil built T-56 it has a LS7 clutch and flywheel.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
alright, i was thinking input shaft bearing but that would change with rpm out of gear clutch out. i would guess mainshaft then, ive seen the front mainshaft bearing go out before and doesnt take long for the input shaft bearing to follow

im gonna go with mainshaft/output to rearend driveline section issues as well

from what your saying it would still make the noise when your moving and you shut the engine off, thats def not input shaft and upstream related

if you wanna locate the noise, your prob gonna have to yank the driveshaft and spin up the rear to see if you hear that noise to rule it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info