• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

quick question about a cam swap for an Ls1

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
You can get the bearings on the stock rockers replaced somewhere for pretty cheap price for good insurance to prevent that from happening. It's a good idea to do it if you're going to be running heavier springs or a big lift cam. BTW, once you do this kind of work - why stop @ .550?!?!!!

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011
You can get the bearings on the stock rockers replaced somewhere for pretty cheap price for good insurance to prevent that from happening. It's a good idea to do it if you're going to be running heavier springs or a big lift cam. BTW, once you do this kind of work - why stop @ .550?!?!!!

oh okay, can stock rockers hold up against a .550 lift cam? i dont want a cam that lopes really hard and i want it to streetable. i guess i just fell in love with my friends setup because it pulls really hard.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
Just did the trunion upgrade on my rockers about a month ago. Good piece of mind. i never saw needle bearings in my oil pan, but didn't want to risk it either. If you don't want to do it yourself, texas speed does a service for them and you can send in your old rockers once you do the swap.

actually im going to do that instead. how long does it take to get them back? also, how many miles were on your car before you put the new barrings in?

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
One-Million-Kizoa-Users.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info