• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need a battery

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
bought the car used in 2002, already had a die hard gold battery in it.
well, 8-9 years later and after many years of no battery tending over winter months.....the battery has met its maker.

so, my questions is, do i go and spend another 100+ bucks on a die hard battery ?

i drive the car usually on weekends only in the spring/summer time.
is there a good battery for less $ out there ??

i dont want to spend 80+ dollars and have to replace it in 2-3 years ( if i still have the car )

so maybe the extra dough now would be smart...........:dunno:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Product Overview:
Item Weight: 35.0 lbs.
Battery Type:
Overall Type: Starting
Transportation Type: Passenger car and light commercial
Battery Group Size: 75
Temperate Zone: North
Power Configuration:
Cell Type: Lead-Acid
Number of Cells: 6
Voltage: 12.0
Power Ratings:
Cold Cranking Amps (CCA at 0 deg.F): 690
Reserve Capacity (RC): 100 min.
Design & Construction:
Terminal Post Location: Side
Container Material: Polypropylene
Warranties & Coverage:
Months in Use Free Replacement: 36
Months in Use Pro Rated Replacement: 100
Dimensions:
Height: 7-1/4 in.
Width: 7-7/16 in.
Length: 9-11/16 in

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
i'm really surprised that battery lasted so long. normal life is 4 years, why people run them longer is beyond me. the added wear on the alternator and the chance of being stranded somewhere isnt worth the money i might save.
i'd get a decent battery (cheap/used batteries suck), and run it for 4 or 5 years. :dunno:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
*another shameless plug*

With our TCG discount you guys can get Diehard batteries pretty cheap.

Here's a link to our pricing for you guys.

http://jchiano.home.comcast.net/~jchiano/NorthDealerBatteryPricing.pdf

And you guys can get this at ANY Sears Auto Center location, just mention you have a Commercial Account under The Chicago Garage.

i thought the discount was for your store only....or maybe that was the actual mechanical work.....

thanks for the spreadsheet....i may just head over to sears today or tomorrow....what happens if they have problems pulling it up ?

DarkShadow

o.O
TCG Premium
Aug 1, 2007
Berkeley, IL
i thought the discount was for your store only....or maybe that was the actual mechanical work.....

thanks for the spreadsheet....i may just head over to sears today or tomorrow....what happens if they have problems pulling it up ?

The mechanical work is the iffy part of the discount at other stores, Carryout batteries are no big deal, so you can go to any Sears Auto Center and they can take care of that for ya.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info