• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

MSD 2 Step

sinisterc6

Regular
Mar 14, 2011
Sounds Awesome! I didn't know MSD starting doing 2 steps. Is that a seperate unit, or are they building them into their ignition systems now?

Its a plug and play unit. I bought a Lingenfelter unit but it didn't work at all. All it is are two wire connectors that plug inline with your ignition coil harness. The unit is activated with a 12v source. I wanted it to be active when i press the clutch so i wired a relay into the clutch switch to send 12 to the unit

im going to wire another activation wire on a momentary switch so I can also be used for roll racing :)

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I have heard the problem with wiring the 2 step off the clutch is that it engages at every shift. I'm looking into the new lingenfelter timing box/2-step. Hopefully they have that straightened out now with a VSS interface. I don't want a huge backfire down the track. Otherwise I have to get a seperate timing retard box and 2-step. I'd rather have it all in one package if the LPE will do what I want.

sinisterc6

Regular
Mar 14, 2011
I would advice against lpe, there unit didn't work. They blamed my plug wires and spark plugs. Then they accused me of a bad install. They gave no customer support and are charging me 20% restocking.

The way my unit is wired I can do no lift shifts down the track. I also have an extra switch in line that allows me to disable the unit when ever I didn't want it on

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I've heard a ton of bad things about the LPE unit. I was hoping they fixed it though on the new unit. It also looks like I can get a timing box and MSD 2-step together for less than what an LPE unit cost. Looks like I'm leaning towards separate boxes.

DIVINE

Regular
Feb 26, 2010
Shoals IN
I use to have one. I used the Hurst sidewinder shifter knob with the button to activate the two step. To me they are a waste of money cause you won't use it as much as you think. I was using it to help lauch the car at 4500 but then I started launching the car at 6000 and that did away with the two step. Just my three cents.

sinisterc6

Regular
Mar 14, 2011
I use to have one. I used the Hurst sidewinder shifter knob with the button to activate the two step. To me they are a waste of money cause you won't use it as much as you think. I was using it to help lauch the car at 4500 but then I started launching the car at 6000 and that did away with the two step. Just my three cents.

i agree I wont be using a lot at the track, I did add another activation switch in parallel so that I can have the 2 step come on when driving in gear and use it to build boost for roll racing. I put it in my shifter as well.

190679_731479612031_20011362_39465081_6156715_n.jpg

197078_731479013231_20011362_39465060_2999413_n.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info