• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Fuel pump F-body

AlwaysVTEC

Addict
Mar 20, 2008
want low-mid 11's this season, im a cam and stall only at the moment but thinking about adding some juice. Thinking a 100 shot will put me where my goals are.....But what should i do with the fuel pump situation? i was reading about a hot wire kit but is it worthy? suggestions....

Cars mods = 228r trs cam
12 bolt rear
3.73 rear
yank4000 stall
hp tune
best 1/8th mile performance is 7.7 @ 89mph with a 1.7 60' was using 255 dr

next outing going to try 275 dr to better my 60' and possibly a hit to break into 11's

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
i hear of alot of guys running the hotwire kit, will alllow you more amperage/electrical flow and not starve the pump of electrical feed when its needed most...i plan on doing so as well with my turbo setup..whichever pump you use is your choice, but you can access it through your hatch area if you cut a hole in the floor, in the right spot, and not too deep..

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
i hear of alot of guys running the hotwire kit, will alllow you more amperage/electrical flow and not starve the pump of electrical feed when its needed most...i plan on doing so as well with my turbo setup..whichever pump you use is your choice, but you can access it through your hatch area if you cut a hole in the floor, in the right spot, and not too deep..

i wouldnt advise cutting a hole, after just doing the pump and hotwire kit on shibbys trans am, we dropped the tank and it made life a ton easier

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
racetronix w/hotwire and DONE.

Cut the hole, drop the tank... whatever. Usually need to drop the rear outta the car too to get at the tank properly from the bottom... so that's a bit of a PITA.

I have the hole cut in my car.

I agree with eagle. It will cost more money and time to drop the tank. When dropping the tank you need to replace the bands that hold it up too...

There are a ton of people who cut the hole and have made write ups on it. I will be doing this method and then I will make/buy a flat hinge to make a trap door for it.
I reccomend you hit Nate up at nasty performace (tcg sponser :D) for the racetronix and hotwire kit. Good guy easy to work with. I thought his pricing was very good too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info