• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Local shop for TH400 rebuild?

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
I was recommended to Andy's Transmissions by TuffeNuff on Chitownracing...

I'll have to find the number for the place when I get home. I think it is somewhere near the schaumburg area? He sounded pretty knowledgeable when I talked to him on the phone. Big HP kinda guy.

I had mine done at Jimmy's transmissions in mundelein. he does mostly buick crap, but I think he could do a 400 just as well as the next guy.

Junk86

I'm here now.
Apr 8, 2009
Something along the lines of he had heard a few customers who had torn down their trans at another shop and found stock parts where upgraded parts should have been...

Thats about as specific as he got.

I can tell you this.

Sammy takes care of us, and we never have had any problems with his transmissions....even in a low 8 second car with a 400.

You'll hear horror stories of everybody.

On another note. Dave Klaput @ Proformance trans builds THEE baddest trans's around. Bar none! Nice guy, and stands behind his work.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Aight cool... looks like Sammy is doing good by his customers. He built the trans as it went into the car last season and it lasted all year no problem... I just want to make sure its sound and doesn't need any upgrades.

Called up PTC and found out my converter is under warranty still, so I'll be sending it in shortly to have them go over it and make sure nothing is wrong with it. They quoted me $175 to go over it... even though its still under warranty. :dunno:

Aight yall... I am going to have my TH400 out of the car soon and I want it taken apart and refreshed/inspected.

Any suggestions? The guy that I went to before seems to no longer be a good option.

Thx

Eagle I don't know how often you're in Naperville, but my friends dad who owns an independent auto repair shop down the street always takes his transmissions to Dupage Transmission on Ogden Avenue, and they do very good work. They just rebuilt a transmission for my buddy for a big block early 90's Ford plow truck of his for $1000 bucks, which seemed fair seeing as the trans was fucked.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-17334876-dupage-transmission-service-incorporated-lisle

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info