• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Z06 Fluids/Maintenance

What Fluids

• GM

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • :amsoil:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Royal Purple

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I want to change my fluids in the spring for peace of mind. Not sure when or if they ever been changed before. Oil has changed already and will be again when I take it out of storage. Coolant has been changed before I put it away. The brake fluid will be changed with the brake job in the spring.

Anyway, I am looking to change the clutch fluid, trans fluid and diff fluid. Not sure what brand/kind to buy. :dunno:

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
You change the oil before and after storage?

I got the oil changed a week after buying the car. I will get it changed again when It comes out of storage. Yeah I know changing the fluids might be useless or not do a thing, but its something I always do when buying a used car. Id rather be safe then sorry. Also its nice knowing the mileage on stuff and when it could need changing again.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Why pay a shop to change fluids.....Not hard to do, just a lil time and satisfaction knowing it was done right yourself
Im sure Godfellas can work you in as well or Deans!

I work on computers not cars. Id rather have the satisfaction of knowing the job was done right by a "professional". If this was the GTP id do it myself or have RVR or James help me. I know nothing about this Corvette. Which reminds me, the GTP is due for a trans pan drop and new filter. Time to make a mess. :roflpicard:

Thread Info