• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Torque arm reloaction mount ?

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
So part of my suspension upgrades is a UMI torque arm re-location/transmission cross-member, it's pretty simple all except for where the bushing attaches to the mount, it has 4 different height settings on the bracket for the bushing. But says nothing about where to put it. I assume it just helps with achieving the right pinion angle, but I have no idea whether or not to go high or low on it before I put it in. And it looks like quite a pain to change once it's in. A

Any imput?

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Here is the best picture I got on me. I am on my phone so I can't blow the picture up.

407e0987.jpg

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
You'll know if the car doesn't like how the torque arm is setup as soon as you take the car out on the street. For me it started shaking at certain speeds. I had the same problem with UMI. I actually had a BMR rep contact me and helped me out even though i have no BMR products. needless to say if I'm ever buying more suspension bits later I'll probably go BMR just because of that little gesture.

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
go to ace hardware, grab a 5 dollar angle gauge (magnetic kind)

looky like dis

Johnson.jpg

theres a thread over on ls1tech in suspension section on how to measure pinion angle...and where to set it for street/strip.

have fun :)

fyi: putting pinion angle for a radical setup (drag) will cause more wear and tear.

Shibby50

TCG Elite Member
Mar 30, 2008
Braidwood, IL
Yeah, more worried about the TRACTION than wear right now lol. Since it lost the DD need it's now a summer cruiser/weekend track car. The UMI guy PM'd me back and recommended with the car being lowered to start at the second hole from the top. I guess we'll see how it goes, should have the rear in tomorrow.
I'm thinking of starting out around -4 :eek3:

CrunkMaro

DurkaDurkaTerrorist
Jun 17, 2010
I ran -5 on the street all last year.... :hsugh:

hey just throwing it out there...

who really listens to those cautions anyway? :) i sure as hell didn't

i ran a chassis mount tq arm...didn't really notice a problem with lift but then again all the *cough* extra weight *cough* in the front hangin off the engine mighta helped with that.

i follow the Madman racing method...-2 pinion angle and all other adjustments should be made in tires/shocks/springs/shiming.

yes i am a madman nutswinger...gettin a 1.18 60' on a 275 is effin nuts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info