• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

what's the value of a '99 T/A WS6

XxApollynxX

TCG Elite Member
Jun 2, 2008
Plainfield
my neighbor is moving out of the country in few months. he have a 1999 T/A WS6 that he's going to sell. it have 95k miles all stock and he's the second owner. i asked how much he wants for it he said he doesn't really know. i'm interest if the price is right. my question is what's the value of the WS6 these day and what's the lowest i should offer him?

Does he take care of it?
recipets/proof of matience?
what color is it?
auto or manual?

All of these will factor in how much it would cost from your description i'll say any where from $2200-$14000 because it could be a rolled over car with a ls1 in it, or it can be mint as shit. I'd say around 10k is about where you are going to be at for a real ws6.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
LOL, why do you want to sell the monte carlo man, that thing is clean as fuck.

To answer the question it depends on alot of things. If the car is just owned by the average person that just "thinks it looks cool". It might not be in the best condition or maintained well. Not to mention daily driven, maybe year round. On the plus side this average person might not even know what these cars are worth. The enthusiast on the other hand usually keeps the car clean and well maintained. Its really all about the condition and history I think. A car that was garage kept, stored winters, driven on nice days out in the country is worth more than a car that was parked on city streets and driven daily year round IMO. Its hard to know how much its worth without looking at it or knowing more about the car. Ive seen 150K mile Fbodys that are mint and run like new and ive seen 40K mile F-bodys that are piles. You cant really go by KBB/NADA values for alot of these cars. I sold my 98 TA with 108K for $10,500 in 2007, just last year I sold a 00 WS6 with 85K on eBay for $9500. My 98 was exceptionally clean and the 00 was just average. If he is not trying to sell the car right now id wait a few months until its the dead of winter and hes about to move. Show up on his doorstep with $4K cash and see what the deal is. If he is trying to sell now like daturbosix said offer $5K and see where you stand. Winter will soon be upon us.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
ok i'll explain little detail about the T/A. the car is in greece yes greece (oversea). the color is pewter and i saw the car when he bought it about 2 years ago and it's in good condition. the first owner is a mechanic from what he told me and no mods was done to it. he ship the T/A to greece right after he bought the car cuz he go to his country every year for vacation. just last week he told me he's gonna move back to greece for good cuz his mother is sick and the T/A is on it's way here about the second week of november. i asked him what would the lowest price he give me and he didn't say just only mention he will give me a good deal since he know me and have interest the T/A. yeah i'm gonna offer him $4500 first and let see what he will say.

i sold my friends 2000 trans am with a rebuilt t-56 for 9K. it was not a WS6, there was some hail damage on the tops of the quarter panels, and needed tires. far from perfect. and i thought i did damn good getting 9 for it.
Holy hell! I'd say you raped somebody by getting 9 for it. Hell, I'd take 9 for my car even, and it's got basically the only thing that separates a T/A from a WS6 now, the hood. Not to mention a freshly built motor.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
ok i'll explain little detail about the T/A. the car is in greece yes greece (oversea). the color is pewter and i saw the car when he bought it about 2 years ago and it's in good condition. the first owner is a mechanic from what he told me and no mods was done to it. he ship the T/A to greece right after he bought the car cuz he go to his country every year for vacation. just last week he told me he's gonna move back to greece for good cuz his mother is sick and the T/A is on it's way here about the second week of november. i asked him what would the lowest price he give me and he didn't say just only mention he will give me a good deal since he know me and have interest the T/A. yeah i'm gonna offer him $4500 first and let see what he will say.

So hes moving out of the country but the TA is coming back here? Just don't pay this dude money and expect the car to be shipped to you. Sounds like a typical clist scam.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
ok some update on the TA i went to look at it and he took me for a ride around the blocks. the car sound and ride nice. i don't see or hear any mechanical issues. tomorrow he gonna let me test drive the car. i offer him $5k and he said he won't take it. he said the lowest he takes is $6k. the car does have small curb rash on the back wheel, two small scratches and dent on both sides of the car. have 95,555 miles on right now. what you guys think $6000 sound fair?

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
me and him seal the deal tonite at $5800. there's some blemishes on th body but im not too much concern about it.
IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

IMG_2823.jpg

IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2828.jpg

IMG_2829.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Is it just me or does that not look like a WS6 hood and lower airbox? Not to mention no badges or wheels. Silverbullet, did you actually look into if this was a real WS6? As silly as it sounds they are worth more.

imp0rted1 a 99 model wouldn't have a LS6 intake regardless if it was a WS6 or not. 01+.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info