• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

317 Heads

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
I found a set of bare 317 heads for 100 shipped what is the potential return buy leaving these stock and swapping them with my stock 241s

Or are these worth porting? I am going to cam my car with in the next year. I believe these to be a good deal...

Chime in!

Eagle I know you ran a set if I can recall... How did they work out
for you?

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
#1. Check your casting numbers. You should have 241s now not 243s.

Fixed lol my bad, they are 241s. :picard:

#2. Unless you're going FI, 243s are more desirable to you due to their increased compression.

No I dont plan on going FI. I would like to do all motor, maybe spray.
So I guess I will keep my eyes out for a set of 243s then.

I am guessing if I can find ported 243s that would be the best bet, or find stock ones and have them ported...

All I am doing is some research and if I find something within reason, I would like to buy it. I would like to spend the least amount of money and get the most bang for my buck. But if I have to buy new, then so be it lol

Fast Motorsports

Northside Badboy
Oct 16, 2008
owl_yarly.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info